• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

40th Anniversary TV & Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

Last week I found NHK TV music program will feature Carpenters on 29th at NHK page.
Yuka sent ML message that NHK TV morning news program will feature Carpenters, including interview with Richard on Carpenters Day.

NHK programs about Carpenters in recent years were not at my station, but I can watch these 2 programs.

I knew there were some FM stations would air interview with Richard last month, but I couldn't find any stations that I can listen to nor web radio.

I found that some radio stations will feature Carpenters, celebrating 40th anniversary. One station website said that they will air Richard's commentary, but the station is very far from my house.

I got email from my sister Monday evening. Tokyo FM will air Carpenters.
I heard the program called "A.O.R". I heard "Sing".
Tuesday - "Yesterday Once More".
This evening DJ said that they will feature Carpenters in their second hour and air the Richard Carpenter interview.

They played songs and the interview (about 20 minutes);
"Yesterday Once More" (#1 at 40/40 fans' votes)
"Top of the World" as #3
"I Need To Be In Love" as #2
and "This Masquerade".

Richard answered questions on 40th anniversary and fans' votes for 40/40.
As soon as Richard started to talk, the DJ translated, so I couldn't catch the words from Richard, but something like;
- 40th anniversary -
It's hard to believe it's been 40 years!?
Went to Jerry Moss's office to sign the contract in the morning 40 years ago.
If anyone said that Carpenters would make hit and Richard would talk in Japan 40 years later, Richard'd think that he was stupid.
He's happy. Time passed quickly by.
This Feb 4th was Karen's 26th anniversary. All things are bitter sweet.
Karen would be happy. She always treasured music and fans.
He loves visiting Japan.

- 40/40 vote -
He hopes the voters vote for album cuts. There are album cuts that he loves more than single cuts. They would make hits. From early albums it was rare that more than a few singles were cut. "Close To You" could have had more cut. "Baby It's You", "Reason To Believe".
Japan cut singles more than ones in the U.S. like "Jambalaya". "This Masquerade".

Though not related to 40th anniversary, Nikkei mag. "Otona no Rock" Spring issue featured '44 Rock stars' tragedy'. They had Karen. A half page article about Karen. (A half page for Elvis. For George Harrison.)
Their article, '20 excellent albums from Heaven' had "Voice of the Heart".

Sakura

Thank you, Jim!

Another FM program on Tokyo FM called "Jet Stream" is featuring Carpenters this week. Probably the oldest FM program in Japan, over 40 years. From midnight about 1 hour. They played 3 Carpenters songs a day so far.

TUE
Top of the World
It's Going To Take Some Time
Where Do I Go From Here?

WED
Please Mr. Postman
Sweet Sweet Smile
Love Is Surrender

THU
We've Only Just Begun
Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

Now they are playing
Bless The Beasts and Children

This must be YESTERDAY ONCE MORE, I almost feel like back in '70s.
Just like before
It's yesterday once more

Sakura

SakuraSYayoi said:
Last week I found NHK TV music program will feature Carpenters on 29th at NHK page.
--- SONGS (NHK TV) ---
Universal Music posted this information today(16th). According to it, Richard will perform "Close To You".

--- A.O.R (Tokyo FM) THU ---
I am hearing 'A.O.R' on Tokyo FM now. They played "Where Do I Go From Here?" tonight.

--- Jet Stream (Tokyo FM) WED ---
I didn't hear 'Jet Stream' on Wednesday. According to their web page, "Love Is Surrender" was from the second album. I wonder if "40/40" will have '87 remix.

Sakura

--- Jet Stream (Tokyo FM) FRI---
Close To You
Baby It's You
Goodbye To Love

Desperado - Ayako Takagi

--- Jet Stream (Tokyo FM) SAT---
Only Yesterday
Crystal Lullaby
Yesterday Once More

--- gold disc investiture(?) ---
21st

--- other TV programs ---
I came across the blog with information that the station which aired Live at Budokan in 1974 aired something about 40/40.

According to a TV information site, Carpenters will be featured on another program at the same station on 22nd.

--- web magazine interview in Japanese ---

showcase.jpg

DSC_6844.jpg

DSC_6761.jpg

DSC_6861.jpg

DSC_6817.jpg

40/40 page 4 to the interview

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom