🎵 AotW Active Force - ACTIVE FORCE (SP-4932)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Active Force
ACTIVE FORCE

A&M SP-4932

sp4932.jpg

A1 Keep On Rockin' 3:56
A2 Cold Blooded Lover 4:09
A3 I Never Thought I'D Love Again 4:48
A4 Coo Coo Kachu 4:33
B1 Give Me Your Love 5:11
B2 Bottom Line 3:38
B3 Rise Up 4:35
B4 My Sunshine 5:02

Notes
Produced for Michael Stokes Productions
Recorded and Mixed at MCA Whitney Studios, Grendale, California
Mastered at A&M Recording Studios, Hollywood, California

Released 1983
Reissued on CD by A&M of Japan in 1987 as 'D32Y3528'

JB

Not much info online about them, but apparently the song "Give Me Your Love" was a club hit....I did find an interesting Wikipedia entry on the producer, Michael Stokes (he was A&R at A&M and signed Janet Jackson).

Michael Stokes is an American record producer and songwriter, who is best known for producing Enchantment and Creative Source.
Stokes first rose to prominence in the early 1970s working with Clarence Avant on his Sussex Records label, when writing for and producing acts such as Bill Withers, Creative Source, The Soul Searchers, Faith, Hope & Charity, and Dennis Coffey. When Sussex folded in June 1975, Stokes moved over to Roadshow Records. More success came writing and producing Enchantment's first three albums, along with writing songs for Brass Construction, BT Express, and Shirley Caesar. In the early 1980s, Stokes took over as A&R at A&M Records where he signed Janet Jackson. Stokes has continued to song-write and produce, working with Patti LaBelle, Morris Day, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, and Jesse Powell.

LOL! Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't see it at all. LOL!

Michael Stokes I've heard of. He's worked with a lot of people (Louis Price springs to mind too.) He's been on everything.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom