• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Addition to discography

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0byns

I have a copy of Equinox released some time before 1973 (when my late husband bought it), by Sergio Mendes and Brasil '77. It is an Australian release on A&M Mayfair: catalogue no SMF66-9921 (SP4122).

The cover photo is from the same set as the photo on the Pais Tropical album except that the group is not smiling and they are not surrounded by tropical vegetation.

Our discography only covers the U.S. releases at this time, but that is an interesting item you have! Is the track list the same as the U.S. "Equinox" album, which came out in the mid 60s? (Your catalogue number references SP-4122, which is indeed the US version, but sometimes albums were reordered or had songs removed from a later release.)

Funny they would reissue it as Brasil '77 with that photo, since Brasil '77 is essentially a totally different group than the one that recorded the original album. I've seen an A&M compilation that used Brasil '77 as a "blanket" name for anything that Sergio Mendes recorded, including the Brasil '66 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom