• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

An Indy 500/TJB Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAN BOLTON

Last night, at the Indianapolis 500 Victory Banquet, the drivers in this year's race were accompianied by the number one song on the date of their birth as they ascended to the podium to recieve their checks. Dan Wheldon, the 2005 winner, stepped up to the mike as THIS GUY'S IN LOVE WITH YOU was playing. He commented that it was a "strange song"; and when asked, said he'd never heard it before.

Since the song wa recorded in 1968, that would make Wheldon nearly 40 years old, and I think he's still in his 20's...maybe they should have played RISE...

Anyway, it was good to hear Herb Alpert, even if the guy didn't know who he was.

Dan

According to Wikipedia, Dan Wheldon was born on June 22, 1978...somebody at Indy goofed. Oh, well...it's ALWAYS good to hear Herb Alpert. No wonder Wheldon commented on the "strange song"...

Dan

DAN BOLTON said:
According to Wikipedia, Dan Wheldon was born on June 22, 1978...somebody at Indy goofed. Oh, well...it's ALWAYS good to hear Herb Alpert. No wonder Wheldon commented on the "strange song"...

Dan

Without looking, I'll bet that "This Guy's In Love With You" was number one on June 22, 1968. Someone goofed by 10 years. That's a sample of today's math skills... :rolleyes:

Harry

Harry said:
DAN BOLTON said:

Dan

Without looking, I'll bet that "This Guy's In Love With You" was number one on June 22, 1968. Someone goofed by 10 years. That's a sample of today's math skills... :rolleyes:

Harry

Kinda makes you wonder who really won the race, doesn't it?

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom