• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

AND WHEN HE SMILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

Following on from ATGB singles picks .....I often wonder how Carpenters missed out on issuing this great track as a single during 1970's :confused:

AWHS was recorded in late 1971 with just the backing track completed -had Karen added her lead vocal and Richard completed this track ...inclusion on A Song For You album ....would have been assured ....Richard mentions this as an early track intended for next set :cool:

Given that Richard has confirmed Jambayla backing track was recorded in 1972 and Karen's lead vocal completed in 1973 ....one wonders how AWHS was not completed as possible Summer single in 1974 ....great opportunity lost ..... :sad:

Peter

This song also appears on the bootleg They Long To Sing Once More. This version is much better but the sound quality isn't.

I think it is a nice song- but very 60s sounding.
To me, it would have been out of place on any album other than "Ticket".

Mark

I agree with Mark-"And When He Smiles",although a pleasant track,has a definite 60's groove to it,and seems very out-of-place on the standards-heavy AS TIME GOES BY.Actually,"And When He Smiles" would have fit in perfectly on ESSENTIAL(disc 2-1971-1973).

Here we go again...

Jeff...for the medley on torch/standard station. I acquiese A/C format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom