• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

another unknown guest appearance on Latin album by Alpert

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymnostalgico

Most Alperts fan know about the connection with legendary producer/composer Juan Carlos Calderon, but what they don't know is that Alpert plays on an album produced by Calderon in 1990 for Luis Miguel titled "20 años" on WEA Latina This album won a Grammy if you are unaware. I suggest adding it to your Alpert collection. Album credits is the Who's who in the studio musician. Herb plays on a track called "Hoy El Aire Huele A Ti" and he plays beautifully only like he knows how. I guarantee this album is an A+, after all it won a Grammy®, get it, kick back and open you ears to the mastery of Calderon.

Thanks for the link. This is definitely a great song. Like you, I'll have to pick this one up in the near future.

Jon

aymnostalgico said:
Most Alperts fan know about the connection with legendary producer/composer Juan Carlos Calderon, but what they don't know is that Alpert plays on an album produced by Calderon in 1990 for Luis Miguel titled "20 años" on WEA Latina This album won a Grammy if you are unaware. I suggest adding it to your Alpert collection. Album credits is the Who's who in the studio musician. Herb plays on a track called "Hoy El Aire Huele A Ti" and he plays beautifully only like he knows how. I guarantee this album is an A+, after all it won a Grammy®, get it, kick back and open you ears to the mastery of Calderon.

^^What he said!

I just received a copy of 20 años by Luis Miguel, and though I've only listened to the 'Herb' track, "Hoy El Aire Huele A Ti", I can tell that I'm going to enjoy this album immensely. Herb's trumpet work in this song is top-notch, with strong hints at the Fandango style. Looking through the musicians list is, as Luis suggested, like a Who's Who of familiar '80s names from the other Calderon/Quintana albums.

We'll have to add this one to the growing list of Alpert-guest songs not in the database on the site.

Thanks Luis, for bringing this one up!

Harry
NP: "Hoy El Aire Huele A Ti" - Luis Miguel

I am glad you purchased the album. It is a treasure, besides I didn't even have to tell you how good it is, because as you know, Calderon has a big reference, and that reference is Herb Alpert. Herb knows exactly what kind of producer Calderon is. You know Herb can smell success like a bloodhound can track a fox! For your listening pleasures, I suggest Calderon's brilliant "MAS ALLA DE TODO"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom