Anyone else notice this?

Jack A.

Richard’s instrumental rendition of “Top of the World” on Pianist, Arranger, Composer, Conductor and “We’ve Only Just Begun” on the RPO album have the same orchestral prelude. Wonder what made him decide to reuse the same piece with the RPO, but for a different song.

Sidenote: Am I only one who hears the chorus of “I Won’t Last A Day Without You” at the beginning of that prelude?

Side note: Am I only one who hears the chorus of “I Won’t Last A Day Without You” at the beginning of that prelude?

I don’t hear it myself but I’ll give it another listen. The harmonica/piano prelude uses the melody from the line “is the love that I’ve found ever since you’ve been around / your love’s put me at the top… [cut away to brief orchestral embellish]…put me at the top of the world”.

Richard’s instrumental rendition of “Top of the World” on Pianist, Arranger, Composer, Conductor and “We’ve Only Just Begun” on the RPO album have the same orchestral prelude. Wonder what made him decide to reuse the same piece with the RPO, but for a different song.
You're right! It sounds really similar. However, I would say this is a not the same recording on both tracks. The RPO version sounds more "full".
Sidenote: Am I only one who hears the chorus of “I Won’t Last A Day Without You” at the beginning of that prelude?
I am not able to hear that.

I don’t hear it myself but I’ll give it another listen. The harmonica/piano prelude uses the melody from the line “is the love that I’ve found ever since you’ve been around / your love’s put me at the top… [cut away to brief orchestral embellish]…put me at the top of the world”.
Wait, you’re totally right! I can’t believe I never noticed that before. :laugh:

The only part I’ve been hearing from IWLADWY is “when there’s no getting over that-.” right at the beginning (slightly slower though).

Back
Top Bottom