• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Brothers Johnson - RIGHT ON TIME (SP-4644)

LPJim

Staff member
Brothers Johnson
RIGHT ON TIME

A&M SP-4644

sp4644.jpg

Tracks:

Brother Man
Free Yourself, Be Yourself
Love is
Never Leave You Lonely

Q
Right on Time
Runnin' For Your Lovin'
Strawberry Letter 23 (#5 hit single)

Available on CD via amazon.com

JB

LPJim,

Fantastic album. Always gets people out on the dance floor. Strawberry Letter #23 is my standout track. Better make sure your turntable setup can handle this one. It's a tough test of your cartridge and tonearm. The 12" Red vinyl single of that track is especially fine. The Brothers Johnson was really loaded with talent. Underrated Funk album and a classic.

I heard this album, but mostly had gotten off the Brothers Johnson train by this time so I wound up selling it. The single is definitely a killer. It's still one of my favorite singles. I have a best-of CD of the Brothers, so at least that song is still in my collection!

I have the Backlot Series Greatest Hits--great Q-produced pop funk! "Stomp" and "I'll Be Good To You" are favorites in addition to "Strawberry Letter #23".

I did have this album and of course for "Strawberry Letter #23"... "Free Yourself, Be Yourself" is also excellent, and title track really kicks, too...

Otherwise I've actually found the Universal 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection CD to be the best investment for these guys... (And one of the few good 20th Century Millennium Collection's out there...)

Dave

I also loved "Strawberry Letter # 23" because I like the instrumental part when they swirl their guitars!! I also have "Greatest A&M Hits" which stars off with "Ain't We Funkin' Now". Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Back
Top Bottom