• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

AOTW: Edu Lobo - SERGIO MENDES PRESENTS LOBO (SP-3035)

How Would You Rate This Album?

• ***** (Best)

Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• * (Worst)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Heard This Album

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yokosuka Mike said:
Well, one thing is for sure... this AOTW is generating more conversation & thread participation than any of the other recent AOTWs. I find this very refreshing! I think it's time for me to re-seek-out this CD and give it another listen.

I'll be bringing my copy to Japan, Mike, so you can give it a listen then if you wish. It's among my favorite Brasilian CDs!

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill said:
Yokosuka Mike said:
Well, one thing is for sure... this AOTW is generating more conversation & thread participation than any of the other recent AOTWs. I find this very refreshing! I think it's time for me to re-seek-out this CD and give it another listen.

I'll be bringing my copy to Japan, Mike, so you can give it a listen then if you wish. It's among my favorite Brasilian CDs!

--Mr Bill

Thank you kindly, Bill. If I recall correctly, you’ll be arriving in Japan next month -- Is that right? I’m looking forward to record shop hopping with you again; the last time was great fun!.

Regards,
Mike

For all you Ponteio fans out there, the most exciting, incredible version comes from an unlikely source. Woody Herman had a version on his "Light My Fire" album from 1968 (Cadet) that still gives me chills to this day. One of the most exciting big band cuts I've ever heard. Just an incredible arrangement by Richard Evans and powerhouse brass playing.

Mike said:
If I recall correctly, you’ll be arriving in Japan next month -- Is that right? I’m looking forward to record shop hopping with you again; the last time was great fun!.

Not sure if I'm coming striaght to Japan or if they're sending me to whatever port the boat is in at the time. In any event I'll be in port at the end of March...

Long story, but the short of it is all bets are of if I pick up LDO and go officer. I almost got a one month delay to await the results but the officer I'm going to be working for blew a gasket and pressured the ship's CO to ccontact the bureau and change my orders back. So I won't know if I made LDO until I'm already on board. I'm not even working for the guy yet and he's screwing up my life! I say that because if I'm coming as a geographic bachelor -- no family -- so if I get selected, my family won't be there for my commissioning ceremony...

But yes, I'm looking forward to record shopping and hopefully doing some "jazz hanging out" with you, and eating the local food! I had a great time in October! Did I tell you I went back to that one shop out the Womble gate and bought the Longet and Montez CDs they had? Between those and your "extras" I had a musically nice flight home!

--Mr Bill

Per Mr Bill:
Did I tell you I went back to that one shop out the Womble gate and bought the Longet and Montez CDs they had? Between those and your "extras" I had a musically nice flight home!
--Mr Bill

No you didn't tell me, but I figured as much when I went back there a couple days after you left and found those CDs were gone!

Glad you had a nice flight home. I'll see you when I see you!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom