• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Fairport Convention ROSIE (A&M SP 4386)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Fairport Convention
ROSIE

A&M SP4386

sp4386.jpg

Fairport Convention are:

Jerry Donahue, electric & acoustic guitar/vocals
Trevor Lucas, acoustic guitar/vocals
Dave Mattacks, drums/percussion/piano
Davey Pegg, bass guitar/mandolin/vocals
David Swarbrick, fiddle/mandolin/vocals

With Special Thanks to:

Sandy Denny & Linda Peters (vocals, track 1), Richard Thompson (electric & acoustic guitars, track 1), Ralph McTell (acoustic guitar, track 8 ), Gerry Conway (drums, tracks 1, 3 & 5), Timi McDonald (drums, track 2, 6 & 7), The Swarbrick Brothers (Dave, Cyril & Eric, vocals, track 8 ), Andy Wheeler (alias Shirley Temple)/ dogsbody, Phillip Stirling-Wall (PMG)

Produced by Trevor Lucas/ Engineered by John Wood/ Recorded at Sound Techiques, London/ Sleeve design by Mick Haggerty.

SIDE ONE

1 - Rosie (Swarbrick) 3:36/ 2 - Mathew, Mark, Luke & John (Pegg-Swarbrick) 3:53/ 3 - Knights on the Road (Lucas-Roach) 3:53/ 4 - Peggy's Pub (Pegg) 2:24/ 5 - The Plainsman (Lucas-Roach) 3:17.

SIDE TWO

6 - Hungarian Rhapsody (Pegg) 3:12/ 7 - My Girl (Swarbrick) 5:13/ 8 - Me With You (Swarbrick) 3:38/ 9 - The Hens March Through the Midden & The Four Poster Bed (Traditional; Fairport Arrangement) 2:48/ 10 - Furs & Feathers (Swarbrick) 4:32.

All selections published by U.F.O Music Inc., BMI
Licensed by Island Records Ltd., London

Reissed on CD by Island Records (IMCD 152 512 754-2)

www.fcfansite.fsnet.co.uk/

JB

The last (almost ENDLESS) run of an album-series of A&M's British Acts... And isn't this the last or next-to-last Fairport Convention album?

Still rootsy, "quasi-rennaisance" folk, and this one I never got around to trying like the rest of the group's A&M-output, and an Island outing or two...

Dave

Fairport Convention NINE (SP 4407/3603) hasn't been reviewed yet. There was RISING FOR THE MOON on Island Records in 1975 -- with Sandy Denny returning.
In '76 A&M released the 2-LP compilation CHRONICLES. Meanwhile the band continued on Island, as did Sandy solo, and later a host of independent labels.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom