• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Hummingbird WE CAN'T GO ON MEETING LIKE THIS (4595)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Hummingbird
WE CAN'T GO ON MEETING LIKE THIS

A&M SP-4595

sp4595.jpg

Tracks:

A Friend Forever 5:30/ Fire and Brimstone 4:57/ Gypsy Skies 5:17/ Heaven Knows (Where You've Been) 4:01/ Let it Burn 4:59/

Scorpio 4:14/ Snake Shack 4:25/ The City Mouse 4:45/ Trouble Maker 3:14/ We Can't Go on Meeting Like This 4:19.

Produced by Ian Samwell and Hummingbird.
Released 1976.

JB

Jim...!, Jim...!, JIM...!, JIM...!!! That is not the way the Track Listing goes... It's more like this:

Side 1: Fire and Brimstone 4:57 / Gypsy Skies 5:17 / Trouble Maker 3:14 / Scorpio 4:14 / We Can't Go on Meeting Like This 4:19

Side 2: The City Mouse 4:45 / A Friend Forever 5:30 / Heaven Knows (Where You've Been) 4:01 / Snake Shack 4:25 / Let it Burn 4:59

Read about this album/group in a Record Rating Guide book and had it, as well as the 3rd outing, Diamond Nights and somehow I was a lil' late getting the Self-Titled first album, after these two departed...

I called and inquired about this and a couple other albums to someone I met at a record show who "had these at home", but was pretty disapointed when I admitted I wasn't interested in them after she described them over the phone... (Click!) I guess I wanted to see them and this one for myself...!

The album is loaded with fiery rockers ("Fire and Brimstone", "Trouble Maker"), pulsating and mid-tempo to lower-tempo instrumentals ("Gypsy Skies", "Scorpio", "The City Mouse", "Snake Shack") and good-time and not-so-good-time ballads ("We Can't Go on Meeting Like This", "A Friend Forever", "Heaven Knows (Where You've Been)", "Let it Burn")...

"Scorpio" is named for the studio this album was recorded at (among a few other A&M Recordings, as if it's the "London equivalent of the A&M Lot") and somehow on this album the former drummer, Conrad Isadore gets replaced by U.S. session-drummer, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie, who plays well, added to the fold... Other members are: Clive Chaman, bass; Max Middleton, keyboards; Bob Tench, guitar and vocals; Bernie Holland, guitar... Look for this to be carried one step further, with hired background singers, more percussion and bigger production, on the group's third and final successor, Diamond Nights...

Dave

Here are the facts:

I do not own every A&M album ever released. My home storage space simply is not enough. When I do not own a particular album I have to get track information, credits, etc. online ... or go shopping.

One alternative takes a few minutes. The other several miles and/or hours.
That's how it works.

BTW thanks for filling in the gaps. Anyone who wishes to do this please feel free.

JB

PS: I usually do a google search, check amazon for CD reissues and allmusic.com for bio info. Some LP/CD sellers' ads contain production credits.

OK, Jim, you're welcome... Glad I could supply the info ... --No harsh intent...!

Thanks again, :wave:

LP AOTW Jim said:
...One alternative takes a few minutes... ...The other several miles and/or hours...

I know... And the "Other Alternative" that takes a few hours doesn't often yield the same results...! :laugh:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom