• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Jambalaya HIGH ROLLERS & OTHER FINE LADIES (SP4406

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Jambalaya
HIGH ROLLERS & OTHER FINE LADIES

A&M SP 4406

sp4406.jpg

Personnel:

Peter Mac Ian - lead vocals, piano, organ, clavinet
Charles Ray - vocals, drums, percussion
Erik Scott - vocals, fender bass
Billy Steele - lead guitar, slide guitar, vocals
James Egan - rhythm 6-12 string guitars

SIDE ONE
High Rollers 3:30/ Lady Lightnin' 3:52***/ Lovin' You 3:19/ Sweet Marie 3:22****/ She's A Driver 3:47.

SIDE TWO
Sheriff Johnson 4:05**/ Backwater Children 4:35**/ Never The Wind 4:45/ Angry Tiger 4:48* and ***

*Recorded at Plynth Studios, Libertyville, IL. The other selections were recorded at Village Recorders, Los Angeles, CA

All songs written by P. Mac Ian except ** (P. Mac Ian, B. Steele, E. Scott), *** ((P. Mac Ian & A. Mac Ian) and **** (P. Mac Ian & B. Steele)

All selections published by Almo Music Corp./Lion's Share Music/ Superstructure Music (ASCAP)
Produced by Thomas Jefferson Kaye/ A Gross-Kupps Production

Engineered by Roger "The Immortal" Nichols
Equipment Men: Carl E. Huston & Roy Shaffer
Pedal Steel Guitar on "Never The Wind" by Jeff "Skunk" Baxter
Engineered by Joe Giuliani

Remixed at Village Recorders
Art Direction by Roland Young
Deisgned by Mick Haggerty/Rod Dyer Inc.

Special Thanks to: Mark Wolfe, Barry Gross, Marty Kupps, Dick La Palm, Celebrations Concerts, Greg McCutcheon, Chuck "Cisco" Spannuth, Skip Stone, Plynth Studios & The Kosugh Family.

JB

Back in 73-74 shortly after this album was released, I worked with the sister of one of the guys in this band (they hailed from Libertyville, IL--I think the brother in question might have been Erik Scott, the bass player), and remember her telling me how unhappy the guys were with this album cover--which was pretty clear evidence to them that they had no real future on A&M. Shortly thereafter they broke up. But, some of them went on to do some good stuff--the above-mentioned Scott played w/ Alice Cooper and Flo and Eddie, and Peter MacIan was the producer for Men at Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom