• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Jeff Barry WALKIN' IN THE SUN (A&M SP 4393)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Jeff Barry
WALKIN' IN THE SUN

A&M SP4393

sp4394.jpg

The title composition by this prolific songwriter was released as a single, but it's possible the album never came out. Promo copies may exist, but I do not know what tracks were to be included.
JB

If not for LP Jim and his AOTW... said:
...The title composition, by this prolific songwriter was released as a single...

Yes, don't stop your "search" for this one yet...! I actually saw "Whatcha Wanna Do" as the B-Side to the "Walkin' In The Sun" single... ...In the "Book Of Flaws", that is... :badteeth:

...This place wouldn't be A&M Corner said:
...It's possible the album never came out... ...Promo copies may exist, but I do not know what tracks were to be included...

JB

That's what I sometimes think about "Unreleased Albums": White-Labeled promos in plain, white cardboard sleeves at least sent to radio stations and being made unavailable (along with an actual cover and musician credits, track listing--except on the Side 1/2 Record Label, etc.) to the public... :confused: Either that or supposedly that's how "Bootlegged" copies of something are made and get sold... :blinkeye:

Barry produced for artists, on A&M, such as Rosey Greer (who made a couple of singles) and even for Nino Tempo... (with BOTH his 5th Avenue Sax, as well as singles with April Stevens)

Dave

Probably best we skip this and assume (for now) it was unreleased. I've never seen a copy and have looked for years. Plus it's not listed on any Barry sites, official or otherwise, even though the one A&M single does exist. Barry also produced the Idolmaker soundtrack for A&M, according to a few sites out there...

--Mr Bill

"Walkin' In The Sun" was actually done by B.B. King and it IS the Jeff Barry song, appearing on his 1975 ABC album, King Size (AB 977)... Saw a copy at a store, that unfortunately didn't have a turntable to play/listen to it on...

While possibly looking it up on The Internet, (And after adding "Jeff Barry" to the song title) I saw the words to it, which are actually to a version of the same song by Barry, recorded by Rufus & Chaka Khan...! Don't know what album they could've done it on, but...

Dave :neutral:inkshield: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom