🎵 AotW AOTW: Lambert & Nuttycombe WAIKIKI (A&M SP 4285)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
LAMBERT & NUTTYCOMBE
Waikiki

A&M SP 4285 (Unreleased on A&M; later on 20th Century)
sp4285.jpg

The title and catalog number in the subject line were assigned to the second album from Dennis Lambert and Craig Nuttycombe, but it was unreleased until 1973. At that time the title was changed to AS YOU WILL (20th Century label, T-415, as pictured above).

Side One: She's My Music (D. Lambert) 2:22/ Way to Your Heart (D. Lambert) 3:10/ Lovers or Friends (C. Nuttycombe) 3:33/ Waikiki (D. Lambert) 2:41/ Oh My Darling (D. Lambert) 3:20/ 2 or 3 Maybe 4 (C. Nuttycombe) 2:22.

Side Two: Child's Care (C. Nuttycombe) 2:30/ Hollywood Baby (C. Nuttycombe) 2:16/ Roses in a Box (D. Lambert) 2:50/ Nickle-Dime (C. Nuttycombe, D. Dowd, T. Marr) 5:14/ Sleep (D. Lambert) 3:08.

The band: Dennis Lambert and Craig Nuttycombe, acoustic guitars/ Robert Wachtel (Waddy) electric, acoustic and slide guitar/ Hoppy Hodges, drums/ Peggy Sandvig, keyboards/ Joe Lamanno, bass/ Thomas Sellers & Keith Olsen, string arrangement/ Clark Gassman, horn arrangement/ appreciation to McCabes Guitar Shop for Dennis Lambert's Guild.

Special thanks: Gail Levant (harp), Brent Lewis (percussion), Lee Allen (sax), Jorge Calderon, Lindsey Buckingham, Tessie Cohen, Domenic Troiano, Wille Weeks, Keith and Howard.

Produced and engineered by Keith Olsen for Wolfhead Productions/ Executive Producer Howard Wolf/ Assistant Engineer Richard Dashut/ Recorded at Sound City, Van Nuys, CA
Visual Energy and design: Odgers + Hinckley
Photography Ethan A. Russell
Career direction, Howard Wolf
All selections published by Wolfhead Publishing Co., Inc. ASCAP

Visit Craig Nuttycombe' site at
www.craignuttycombe.com

LPJim said:
The title and catalog number in the subject line were assigned to the second album from Dennis Lambert and Craig Nuttycombe, but it was unreleased until 1973. At that time the title was changed to AS YOU WILL (20th Century label, T-415).

Side One: She's My Music (D. Lambert) 2:22/ Way to Your Heart (D. Lambert) 3:10/ Lovers or Friends (C. Nuttycombe) 3:33/ Waikiki (D. Lambert) 2:41/ Oh My Darling (D. Lambert) 3:20/ 2 or 3 Maybe 4 (C. Nuttycombe) 2:22.

Side Two: Child's Care (C. Nuttycombe) 2:30/ Hollywood Baby (C. Nuttycombe) 2:16/ Roses in a Box (D. Lambert) 2:50/ Nickle-Dime (C. Nuttycombe, D. Dowd, T. Marr) 5:14/ Sleep (D. Lambert) 3:08.

The band: Dennis Lambert and Craig Nuttycombe, acoustic guitars/ Robert Wachtel (Waddy) electric, acoustic and slide guitar/ Hoppy Hodges, drums/ Peggy Sandvig, keyboards/ Joe Lamanno, bass/ Thomas Sellers & Keith Olsen, string arrangement/ Clark Gassman, horn arrangement/ appreciation to McCabes Guitar Shop for Dennis Lambert's Guild.

Special thanks: Gail Levant (harp), Brent Lewis (percussion), Lee Allen (sax), Jorge Calderon, Lindsey Buckingham, Tessie Cohen, Domenic Troiano, Wille Weeks, Keith and Howard.

Produced and engineered by Keith Olsen for Wolfhead Productions/ Executive Producer Howard Wolf/ Assistant Engineer Richard Dashut/ Recorded at Sound City, Van Nuys, CA
Visual Energy and design: Odgers + Hinckley
Photography Ethan A. Russell
Career direction, Howard Wolf
All selections published by Wolfhead Publishing Co., Inc. ASCAP

Visit Craig Nuttycombe' site at
www.craignuttycombe.com

All those names, some of whom would go on to bigger and better things down the road. For example . . .

I seemed to notice a certain Lindsey Buckingham shown here. Must've been before he hooked up with Stevie Nicks. Also, that Keith Olson would go on to co-produce the first Fleetwood Mac LP to feature both Mr. Buckingham and Ms. Nicks, and Richard Dashut would co-produce and engineer the band's biggest-selling album ever, Rumours.

And, of course, Dennis Lambert would go on from this to become one of the most successful pop producers of the '70's (mostly in tandem with Brian Potter).

As for the 1973 20th Century Records issue: That was one catalogue number after Love Unlimited's first LP for the label, Under The Influence Of Love Unlimited (T-414), which was famous for introducing the Love Unlimited Orchestra's big hit "Love's Theme." Harpist Gayle Levant (I noticed her first name appeared to be misspelled on the credits shown above, a la Herb 'Albert' and Gracinha 'Leporael') played on some of the classic Barry White/Love Unlimited/Love Unlimited Orchestra recordings of the 1970's.

And Thomas Sellers? He went on to arrange The Hues Corporation's biggest hit, "Rock The Boat" (RCA APB0-0232, 1974), and their follow-up "Rockin' Soul" (PB-10066, same label and year), as well as Glen Campbell's 1975 comeback hit "Rhinestone Cowboy" (Capitol 4095, which coincidentally Mr. Lambert co-produced).

Now, about Craig Nuttycombe: Is he by any chance related in some way to veteran Hollywood string players Wilbert and/or Gareth Nuttycombe? Just asking . . .

Note also that the cover displayed is from the 20th Century Records release in 1973. The intended A&M cover may or may not have been the same.

--Mr Bill

Craig was having trouble getting to the site with Netscape 4.7x awhile back...I've e-mailed to let him know this was AOTW. Hopefully things are ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom