• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Lon & Derrek Van Eaton WHO DO YOU OUT DO (SP 4507)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Lon & Derrek Van Eaton
WHO DO YOU OUT DO

A&M SP-4507

sp4507.jpg

SIDE ONE

Who Do You Out Do 3:18/ You Lose 2:25/ Do You Remember 3:41/ Music Lover 3:12/ Let it Grow 2:56

SIDE TWO

Wildfire 3:38/ Dancing in the Dark 2:38/ All you're Hungry For is Love 2:51/ Baby It's You 3:38/ The Harder You Pull, the Tighter it Gets 3:52.

Lon - piano, guitar, vocal, melodica percussion, synth, bass, clarinet
Derrek - vocal, bass, guitar, flute, percussion
Jim Keltner - drums
Richard Perry - percussion
David Beebe - drums
Tom Seufert - rhythm guitar
Trevor Lawrence - sax
Lynda Lawrence - vocals
Jim Gordon and James Gatson - drums
Klaus Voorman - bass
Tom "The Bomb" Hensley - electric piano
Chuck Findley - trumpet and trombone
Clyde King, Venetta Fields, Lani Groves - vocals
Gary Wright - piano
Bobby Hartrnagle - guitar
Martha Reeves, Cynthia Webb, Fritz Poaskett & Ronnie Wolfson - vocals

Produced by Richard Perry and Bill Schnee (Remix Engineer)
Billy Schnee, Henry Lewy, Steve Mithchell and Andrew Berliner, recording engineers/
Mastering Engineer: Doug Sax

Art Direction: Roland Young/ Photography: Steve Silverstein/ Design: June Osaki/ Stylist: Anne Marie Barthelemy/ Liner Notes: Chuck Cassell/ All Men's Clothing from Recherehe, Beverly Hills, CA.

JB

AOTW-Meister said:
David Beebe - drums

Hmmmm...don't you mean David KEMPER, Drums? He just appears on one track, anyway, and not really a "regular member" of the Richard Perry stable of his usual "All Stars", (drummer, Jim Keltner; bassist, Klaus Voorman; keyboardist, Tom Hensley...) as A&M is a pretty unusual label, for this Production, as well...

Hard to believe this is one LP which I had a hard time selling (and I recall a Haida (A&M Canadian Subsidiary) artist, Clair Lawrence LP, which I also had in my pile something else I had to give away, along with this...)

Good, catchy songs, and very much modeled after Richard Perry's backing up Ringo Starr's RINGO album, which vocally, the Van Eaton Brothers sound like (and as Session Musicians, themselves have also appeared on)...

I take it the Recording Studios used are producer Perry's usul hangouts...: The Producer's Workshop, Sunset Sound and Studio 55... And maybe even A&M Studios; (engineer, Henry Lewy--who recently DIED, I think Last Year, per the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS, or maybe it was the GRAMMY'S --and I didn't even know!--, also appears...)

Dig all the photos in the Gatefold sleeve of Lon & Derek, including a "Use Your BANKAMERICA Card" Credit Card Sign at a Motel it is accepted at...

Dave

audiofile said:
Are there any AOTW's for 1960's A&M albums?

The Album Of The Week feature at A&M Corner dates back to the Old Discussion Board design and was started in about the year-2000, when both our "Comprehensive A&M Record Collectors", LP Jim and Captain Bacardi committed themselves to regularily featuring, both an A&M Pop/Rock/R&B, etc. LP, and a Jazz LP (currently being Repeated), respectively, in a Weekly Series...

Good way to find out about the Music which you've been Long-Missing, too...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom