• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: MARC BENNO (A&M SP 4273)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
MARC BENNO
Marc Benno

A&M SP 4279

sp4273.jpg

Marc Benno, born 7-1-47 in Dallas, TX, is a singer, songwriter and guitarist who formed the Asylum Choir with Leon Russell in the late 1960s. He has written songs for Rita Coolidge and done sessions with the Doors. Benno has been based in Austin, TX, for many years.

Side One: Good Year (3:00), Try it Just Once (3:04), I'm Alone I'm Afraid (4:14), Two Day Love Affair (2:47), Second Story Window (4:19).

Side Two: Teach it to the Children (3:15), Family Full of Soul (2:54), Hard Road (3:38 ), Nice Feelin' (5:50).

Marc Benno, vocals, guitar and piano/ Booker T. Jones, piano, electric piano and organ/ Ry Cooder, bottleneck guitar/ Jerry McGee, guitar and dobro/ Jerry Scheff, bass/ Jim Horn, sax and flutes/ Jimmy Karstein, drums/ Sandy Konikoff, hambone/ Rita Coolidge and Priscilla Coolidge, background vocals.
Booker T. Jones, Ry Cooder, Jim Horn and Priscilla Coolidge paticipated through the courtesy and generosity of the following record companies: Stax Records, Warner Brothers Records, Shelter Records and Sussex Records.

All selections written by Marc Benno with the exception of "Hard Road" (Benno/Greg Dempsey). All selections pubished by Benno Music and Anderle Music with the exception of "Hard Road," published by Benno Music, Anderle Music, Abernathy and Eye Music.

Produced by David Anderle for Willow Productions/ Engineer Dick Bogert/ A&M Studios Bruce Botnick/ Sunset Sound Recorders remix engineer Bruce Botnick/ Photo by Ron Batzdorff, Photo Graphis/ Art Direction Tom Wilkes.

Reissued on CD by A&M of Japan (POCM-2033)

For front cover art scan see:

http://njm.mine.nu/rysite/Benno.html

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom