• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW AOTW: Spooky Tooth TOBACCO ROAD (A&M SP 4300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
SPOOKY TOOTH
Tobacco Road

A&M SP4300

sp4300.jpg

The final entry in A&M' first 200 albums of the 4000 series is a reissue of Spooky Tooth's first album, recorded in 1968 and released in the United Kingdom under the title "IT'S ALL ABOUT."
The fourth song on side one of the U.K. album, "Too Much of Nothing" (Bob Dylan; 3:57), was replaced on the U.S. version with "The Weight."

Personnel: Luther Grosvenor (lead guitar); Greg Ridley (bass); Mike Harrison (harpsichord/vocals); Gary Wright (organ/vocals); Mike Kelly (drums).

Side One: Society's Child (Janis Ian) 4:30/ Love Really Changed Me (Miller-Grosvenor-Wright) 3:34/ Here I Lived So Well (Miller-Grosvenor-Harrison-Wright) 5:07/ The Weight (James Robertson) 3:15/ Sunshine Help Me (Wright) 3:03.

Side Two: It's All About a Roundabout (Miller-Wright) 2:42/ Tobacco Road (John Loudermilk) 4:55/ It Hurts You So (Miller-Wright) 3:03/ Forget It, I've Got It (Miller-Wright) 3:25/ Bubbles (Grosvenor-Wright) 2:49.

Produced by Jimmy Miller & Licensed by Island Records Ltd., London/ Engineered by Glyn Johns/ Cover design by Michael Trevithick/ Photography by Gerald Mankowitz.

"The Weight" published by Dwarf Music BMI/ "Tobacco Road" by Cedarwood Publishing Co., Inc. BMI/ "Society's Child" by Dialogue Music BMI/ The remaining tracks by Irving Music BMI.

IT'S ALL ABOUT, with U.K. track configuration, was reissued on vinyl by Bell Records and on CD by Edsel Records (EDCD 467).
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom