🎵 AotW AOTW: Tim Weisberg - Live At Last! (SP-4600)

How Would You Rate This Album?

• ***** (Best)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 33.3%

• * (Worst)

• Never Heard This Album

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Tim Weisberg
LIVE AT LAST!

A&M SP-4600

sp4600.jpg

Released 1976

Format: Vinyl/Cassette/8-Track

Produced by Bob Alcivar

Recorded live at Doug Weston's Troubador in Hollywood, June 12th & 13th, 1976.

Songs:
  • 1. The Good Life (T. Weisberg/L. Blessing/D. Anderson/T. Robinson) - 3:21
    2. Rainbow City (T. Weisberg/L. Blessing/D. Anderson/T. Robinson) - 5:27
    3. Discovery (T. Weisberg/L. Blessing/D. Anderson/T. Robinson) - 1:00
    4. Listen To The City (T. Weisberg/L. Blessing/D. Anderson/T. Robinson) - 5:47
    5. Your Smiling Eyes (T. Weisberg/L. Blessing) - 5:25
    6. Do Dah (T. Weisberg/L. Blessing/D. Anderson/A. Johnson) - 6:13
    7. California Memories[list:1454688f99](a) Sand Castles (T. Robinson) - 3:37
    (b) The King's Highway (L. Blessing) - 4:30
8. Castile (T. Weisberg/L. Blessing) - 6:00
9. The Chase (T. Weisberg/L. Blessing/D. Anderson/T. Robinson) - 4:00[/list:u:1454688f99]

Musicians:
Tim Weisberg - Flute
Lynn Blessing - Organ, Acoustic Piano, ARP Synthesizer, String Ensemble & Vibes
Todd Robinson - Guitar
Doug Anderson - Fender Bass
Ty Grimes - Drums
Bobby Torres - Congas and Percussion

Recorded by Haji Sound Recording Co. - Remote Unit
Recording and Remix Engineer: Larry Forkner at A&M Studios, Hollywood
Mastering Engineer - Bernie Grundman

Art Direction - Roland Young
Photography - Jeffrey Weisel
Design - Jeffrey Weisel & Tim Clark
Road Management & Technical Coordinator - Jim Haggart, Aspen Trails, Ltd.
Direction - Steve Binder/Barbara Gosa, The Management Company

Capt. Bacardi

Sheesh! That's one AOTW image I need to find a better copy of...

--Mr Bill

Man, for an album that calls itself "live" this is a pretty dead affair. Very lightweight, airy instrumentals that really don't go anywhere. As a matter of fact, it isn't until halfway through the second side does things pick up with the rockish "King's Highway". Lynn Blessing has some nice vibes work going on the Latin-tinged "Castile" while "The Chase" tries to get things jumping with a persistent percussion riff, but overall this album just lacks heart and soul. Usually with a live recording there's a bit of an edge in the performance, but that doesn't happen here. Weisberg himself doesn't do anything interesting at all with his flute playing, which doesn't help matters. Wake me when this is over. 2 & 1/2 merciful stars from me.

Capt. Bacardi

I had one Weisberg album in the early 70s (not this one) and I was bored with it, but enjoyed his work with Dan Fogelberg on TWIN SONS OF DIFFERENT MOTHERS. The follow up LP they did, which I forget the title of, was not so good. I never even knew this live LP existed until now!

Not being a particular fan of Live Albums, and particularily this one, I could easily avoid this affair; least if the messy looking cover is a tip-off to the contents inside... "Castille" is I think, from Hurtwood Edge, the only Tim Weisberg album that I ever enjoyed! Don't know what inspired doing "Listen To The City" here, though... (Not exactly like Jeff Beck doing "Freeway Jam"!) :rolleyes: :jester:

One-Star: *

Dave

That second Fogelberg-Weisberg collaboration was NO RESEMBLANCE WHATSOEVER, a forgettable affair as you say.

They missed a great opportunity; should have titled the project "BERGS OF A FEATHER."

JB

I think "Do Dah" is a composition from one of the earlier LP's, too... Funny how even the up-tempo tunes don't really help the performance much...

I enjoyed both Fogelberg/Weisberg collaborations... I think the two should tour together!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom