Art Garfunkel symphony date

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Last night I took in the first of a two-evening engagement of Art Garfunkel with the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra (KSO). The format - as usual - consists of the KSO playing until intermission, after which the guest star comes on. This still allowed time for a 15-song set. Here's the setlist:

El Condor Pasa/ American Tune/ I Only Have Eyes for You/ Perfect Moment (a new Garfunkel solo composition)/ Cecelia/ That'll Do (written by Randy Newman and sung by Art's wife, Kathy)/ Scarborough Fair/ Real Emotional Girl (also penned by Newman)/ All I Know (written by Jimmy Webb)/ Mrs. Robinson/ Bridge over Troubled Water/ 59th St. Bridge Song "Feelin' Groovy" -- performed by Garfunkel's young son, James/ Kathy's Song (to England)/ Sounds of Silence.

One of Garfunkel's 4-piece band was introduced as 'Ted Baker, on synth, from Steely Dan'. That piqued my curiousity.
This series is the final pops show for 17-year Conductor Kirk Trevor. New leadership will be in place by the time Burt Bacharach arrives in March 2004 (I'm keeping my fingers crossed).
JB
PS: Some of Art's solo material was recorded at A&M Studios.

Ted Baker toured with the Dan in 2000 (which is where I saw him), and I believe was also on Two Against Nature. They usually pick the cream of the crop for their recordings and tours. Having been in Steely Dan looks good on a resumé. :D

http://www.steelydan.com/2kband.html

Quite an ensemble they had together for the 2000 tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom