...as A&M and CTi Part Ways...

JOv2

...there's a 50-cent incentive in it for the consumer!

The "handbill" reads:

Save 50 cents on your next purchase of any one of the following A&M (CT) Series Long Playing Albums.​

Given that Wes Montgomery appears to be the first entry -- and he was far and away the best selling CTi artist at that time -- I'm guessing that the whole catalogued was up for the discount. Wish I could make out the "OFFER ENDS..." date. I'm going to guess MARCH 31 1971.

A-M-CTi-Gimmick.jpg

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Of all the things I wish for--to have been able to buy all these records new, back in the day. But I think for me, a full time job was well over a dozen years away at that point. 😁

Those hype stickers back then are always a hoot to read, just like some of the innersleeves that promoted the label. I think Stan Cornyn topped them all with his Loss Leader innersleeves for Warner Bros. 😁

JOv2

think Stan Cornyn topped them all with his Loss Leader innersleeves for Warner Bros. 😁
I think Stan just topped 'em all...period. Whenever he wrote the liners...I just fastened my seatbelt and held on with both hands to prepare for that blind curve at 82MPH in a '71 Pinto.

Bobberman

It seems to me Those hype stickers were big selling points designed to get our attention in later years of vinyl the A&M reissues had that Infamous " Value Priced" sticker to me that's how I knew it was a Relatively New Copy of a reissue

Top Bottom