• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Australian progressive Jazz/ Rock on A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven J. Gross

Rudy's recent "avatar" for some reason reminds me of the Aussie band "Ayers Rock", who had two really fine albums on A&M: "Beyond" and "Big Red Rock", both released in the mid-seventies. I can't get any info on these guys and no talk here at the Corner. Worth getting either album, (they are really good!!!) but they are rare items these days.
Get them sealed if possible, the sound and covers are cool.

His newest avatar reminds me of Deodato's CTi covers of the mid 70s...

But Ayers Rock... Wow, Steve, you continue to amaze me with your musical taste (both ways)...

sp4523.jpg
sp4565.jpg

I think I've only heard one tune on a sampler... But this is one I've always wondered about. I always thought maybe Ron Ayers was involved...

Speaking of Avatars, it's time I changed mine as well...

--Mr Bill
tapping into the huge image directory he has built for the corner...

2 Great albums (and images Bill). Also, there is another group called Ayers Rock (at Amazon, etc.) which is a completely different band. ( I was fooled) :sad:
No, there are no Ayers in the band- just that big rock.
I was really lucky to get sealed copies of both, as well as the Big Red Rock CD, impossible to find now.
Actually- beleive it or not- THIS is my favorite A&M jazz act.
BTW,
Can you tell us where you are at yet?
(man, your image directory IS extensive!!! :thumbsup: )

I'm in Japan, exactly halfway thru my deployment. I've been to the Philippines and Korea so far this det. I'm quite content to stay here in Japan for a while...

--Mr Bill

My avatar right now is a portion of a photo from Gabor Szabo's Rambler, another of my Pete Turner series avatars. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom