🎵 AotW Bazuka: Bazuka (A&M Records SP-3406)

1694749373072.pngBazuka: Bazuka
(aka Tony Camillo's Bazuka)

A&M Records SP-3406
Released 1975

A1: T.C.'s Inferno [7:14]​
A2: Side Dish [5:05]​
A3: Come To Me [3:29]​
A4: Bazuka Limited [4:22]​
A5: I'm Gonna Love Lovin' You [4:12]​
B1: Love Explosion [5:26]​
B2: Shark Bite [4:09]​
B3: Walkin' Tall [3:40]​
B4: Dynomite [5:10]​
B5: Earthquake [2:55]​
B6: T.C.'s Inferno (Reprise) [1:45]​

Art Direction – Roland Young (3)
Backing Vocals – Jerry Knight (2), Joe Schkloven, Kenney Kerr
Engineer [Assistant] – Bob Clifford, Frank Koenig, Henry Borysewicz
Executive-Producer – Bob Marcucci*
Illustration – Lou Beach
Mastered By – Frank De Luna*
Musician – Alan Rubin, Alan Schwartzberg*, Barry Miles, Barry Rogers, Bob Babbitt, Carlos Martinez (2), Dave Taylor*, Elliot Randall*, Jeff Mironov, Jerry Freidman*, Lew Delgatto*, Michael Brecker, Pat Rebillot, Randy Brecker, Ruben Bassini*, Steve Gadd
Producer, Written-By, Arranged By – Tony Camillo
Recorded By, Mixed By – David Domanich, Edward Stasium, Jr.*

Note: SP-3403 and SP-3404 apparently had no album assigned. SP-3405 is a reissue of SP-4552 (Captain & Tenille: Love Will Keep Us Together).

Tony Camillo's Bazuka ‎– Side Dish 1975

Tony Camillo's Bazuka - Earthquake

Bazuka was a 1970s New York disco studio group organized by Tony Camillo that had a 1975 Top Ten hit with "Dynomite." Likely cashing in on the fame of the hit TV series Good Times, whose character J.J. Evans (played by comedian Jimmie Walker") used to cap off his on-screen rhymes with "Dynomite!!".

Last edited:
This was a big favorite song as I was in second grade when this got a lot of airplay that Dynomite catchphrase was permanently ingrained in my being thanks to this song I still enjoy hearing this believe it or not

These videos are the first time I'd heard anything from the record!

Is the reel to reel master tape of Bazuka destroyed by the Universal Studios fire back on June 8, 2008?? Can't find the album on Apple iTunes.

This is a terrific album. I used to pair it up with RandyAndy and the none EW&F album I owned. TO me it sounds like a cross between RandyAndy and EW&F...

--Mr Bill

I have the song "Dynomite" on the very limited A&M HISTORY 100 CD set. It's the full album version.

Ny0xNjQ0LmpwZWc.jpeg

A shortened (7" single) version can be found on the promotional A&M FORGET ME NOTS album:

NC0zMjI3LmpwZWc.jpeg

We still Have a well used but still playable copy of the Forget me nots album at our station i work at I admit I have overplayed many of the tracks over the decades

1694749373072.pngBazuka: Bazuka
(aka Tony Camillo's Bazuka)

A&M Records SP-3406
Released 1975

A1: T.C.'s Inferno [7:14]​
A2: Side Dish [5:05]​
A3: Come To Me [3:29]​
A4: Bazuka Limited [4:22]​
A5: I'm Gonna Love Lovin' You [4:12]​
B1: Love Explosion [5:26]​
B2: Shark Bite [4:09]​
B3: Walkin' Tall [3:40]​
B4: Dynomite [5:10]​
B5: Earthquake [2:55]​
B6: T.C.'s Inferno (Reprise) [1:45]​

Art Direction – Roland Young (3)
Backing Vocals – Jerry Knight (2), Joe Schkloven, Kenney Kerr
Engineer [Assistant] – Bob Clifford, Frank Koenig, Henry Borysewicz
Executive-Producer – Bob Marcucci*
Illustration – Lou Beach
Mastered By – Frank De Luna*
Musician – Alan Rubin, Alan Schwartzberg*, Barry Miles, Barry Rogers, Bob Babbitt, Carlos Martinez (2), Dave Taylor*, Elliot Randall*, Jeff Mironov, Jerry Freidman*, Lew Delgatto*, Michael Brecker, Pat Rebillot, Randy Brecker, Ruben Bassini*, Steve Gadd
Producer, Written-By, Arranged By – Tony Camillo
Recorded By, Mixed By – David Domanich, Edward Stasium, Jr.*

Note: SP-3403 and SP-3404 apparently had no album assigned. SP-3405 is a reissue of SP-4552 (Captain & Tenille: Love Will Keep Us Together).

Tony Camillo's Bazuka ‎– Side Dish 1975

Tony Camillo's Bazuka - Earthquake

Bazuka was a 1970s New York disco studio group organized by Tony Camillo that had a 1975 Top Ten hit with "Dynomite." Likely cashing in on the fame of the hit TV series Good Times, whose character J.J. Evans (played by comedian Jimmie Walker") used to cap off his on-screen rhymes with "Dynomite!!".

Rudy,
The 3405 of Love Will Keep Us Together appeared about the same time as 4552. I remember Record Club of America switched to actual catalog numbers for the albums it sold from the 6 digit system it used and 3405 was listed. The copy I got from Columbia House at the same time was 4552. Later on, they
issued the album as 3405. I wonder if the 3405 was intended for the record clubs at first?

Back
Top Bottom