Best Prices for the new TJB releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky1

Here's a link to DeepDiscountCd which has a pretty good price on these. I've ordered from their sistercompany DeepDiscountDVD several times over the past couple of years and have had decent luck. Their prices for the TJB are $13.97 and $10.99 (shipping is free) Here's the link:

Deep Discount CD

Michael H.

(edited to shorten the URL -R- )

Spanky,

Thanks so much for the discount c-d house info. I shall get on the phone asap. Am I the only person who's crazy enough to thnk about ordering to copies of each album?

Tom :D

I'll be happy to pay a few extra pennies to Amazon.com and help support this website.

Harry

Harry Up In Phillie said:
I'll be happy to pay a few extra pennies to Amazon.com and help support this website.

All regulars here should be more than willing to spend a couple bucks extra to help support Rudy and repay him for this wonderful site that has connected so many of to each other and created new friendships (online and off). I'll do the Amazon thing!

--Mr Bill
and while you're at it go my "IRS Records Corner" and order some fabulous 80's music via amazon!

Harry said:

Harry

Indeed--it's much appreciated. :agree:

Also, visit GEMM.com through the Corner link, as well. Our store will have the TJB albums there -- IF our warehouse stocks them! (Not listed in the catalog yet, but I'm working on them!)

Steve Sidoruk said:
www.cduniverse.com has the two re-issues for about $1 less and Lost Treasures for about $0.70 less than DeepDiscount CD.

I believe that you'll have to pay shipping on this which would be $4.99 for all 3 discs, so you would actually end up paying more, although I've ordered from CD UNIVERSE in the past and had no problems.

Mr. Bill,

I think what you are doing is admirable, but I don't think that most will ill want to pay $11 more( or 31%) for the same product. If it were merely pennies, there would be no question. However, Amazon is sticking to retail prices on these and this is absurd. In today's economy, this is exactly what has plagued the brick and mortar stores, although, they often have legitimate expenses that drive their costs up. (As a side note, I've often ordered from Amazon)

There is no reason that Amazon can't price these in the ballpark of the other cd/dvd sellers. If it were a few pennies, I'd whole heartedly agree and say pay the extra to support Amazon. But, if they feel they must stick to retail, I must look elsewhere.

Being too frugal(or too cheap),

Michael H.

Mr Bill said:
Harry Up In Phillie said:

All regulars here should be more than willing to spend a couple bucks extra to help support Rudy and repay him for this wonderful site that has connected so many of to each other and created new friendships (online and off). I'll do the Amazon thing!

--Mr Bill
and while you're at it go my "IRS Records Corner" and order some fabulous 80's music via amazon!

I cannot say for sure that it will be true here, but in the past, Amazon has listed pre-issue prices at list, then when the product is actually out, they'll reduce the prices and pass those prices on to whoever pre-ordered.

Again, I cannot state that it's true here, but still, $11 will neither make nor break me, one way or the other. If it'll help Rudy keep the site afloat, then it's the best $11 I'll spend.

I'm not against saving money, and those who are watching pennies would do well to find alternative sites like the one that Michael mentioned.

Heck, I don't even NEED two of these, having already obtained the A&M versions years ago, so theoretically, I could have just ordered the LOST TREASURES disc and be done with it.

And in fact, on Febraury 8th, I'll likely be searching around in a brick and mortar record store to see if I can find one THERE as well.

Harry
...who probably has 1100 pennies wrapped and ready to go to the bank, online...

I'm doing as Harry is doing--ordering through Amazon to help support this site. I'm also planning to get copies locally, IF they're available elsewhere than the chains. And if they aren't, then I'll badger the indie stores to get them in. I plan to buy three copies of everything that comes out.

I don't have any of the original A&M CD issues (except Christmas Album and Greatest Hits), but even if I did, I'd be buying the new reissues anyway. Not because I'm a completist, but because I'll bet the new ones will sound different from the original CDs and vinyls, and I want to find out just how different they are.

Mike A

Great point Harry. I sure hope that's the case. I've ordered from Amazon, but never pre-ordered. That would make much more sense. They are probably one of the most reputable(from my experience) e-businesses going.

Michael H.

Amazon.ca doesn't list the new CDs yet. I'm hoping that they'll be available from a Canadian source, as I've pretty much given up on ordering from foreign retailers. I'm fed up with paying high shipping amounts, exchange premiums, and especially customs brokerage fees.

Murray
...who, unlike Harry, cannot afford NOT to watch those pennies...

Montana Mike said:
Our store will have the TJB albums there...

Road Trip to Forsythe Montana!!! I call shotgun!

--Mr Bill
wondering what will be playing at the Roxy the week of 8 Feb...

I am hoping Amazon drops those prices before release date, or even after...I agree they're too high, but my links will work regardless of what price is in effect.

Just ordered two copies of each from Amazon through Rudy's Link. They're offering 10% off these CDs for anyone I recommend. I'll keep the page open so first come first served!

Stephen Vakil said:
Just ordered two copies of each from Amazon through Rudy's Link. They're offering 10% off these CDs for anyone I recommend. I'll keep the page open so first come first served!

This is the "Tell A Friend" promotion, or I think that's what they call it. Basically, you e-mail a friend from Amazon with the link to purchase it, and they'll save 10%. This comes up during the checkout procedure, if I remember...so if someone orders, remember that page and post here if you want to "pass along" the savings. Maybe we can create a "chain" of buyers for these titles that way. :wink:

The only thing I am not sure of is if this link preserves the "associate" link from this site to Amazon. I know that if you visit Amazon, the cookie with our associate ID here is saved on your computer and expires in 24 hours. So I'm wondering if it works.

Here's a general Amazon link:

http://www.amcorner.com/amazon

Maybe if that's clicked first, and then you follow the link in the e-mail, it might work.

Rudy

That's the one. I tried to paste the link and then click on it but (a) I got a different page and (b) I suspect that whoever clicks on the link is registered as me. While I'm a generous fellow, I don't want to run the risk of anyone being able to order their CDs on my account!!

There's no link in the confirmation email either, so it looks like this wheeze isn't going to work as easily as I hoped. It's also not so attractive of the offer cuts out A&M Corner.

Worhte a try though!

Happy New Year to all

Stephen

Along with all the other Herb Alpert fans on the A&M Corner, I too have already pre-ordered 2 copies of each new re-release CD from Amazon.com. I support this site 200% and all it does for the members.

Does anyone find it interesting that Amazon.com and other e-business webpages do not have the track listing or cover art for all three CDs even though they are available on Shout Factory's webpage? Just wondering...

A little over a month until February 8... Yahoo!!!

Mr Bill said:
All regulars here should be more than willing to spend a couple bucks extra to help support Rudy and repay him for this wonderful site that has connected so many of to each other and created new friendships (online and off)

Here! Here!! Hat's off to Neil!!! :)

Jon

The Temporarily Left-Handed Nut (Brasil or otherwise!!!)

UPDATE: Amazon has updated their pricing!!

Lost Treasures is now showing up as $13.98, and the other two reissues are $12.99.

I don't know if Amazon gives you the price you originally ordered at, or the price in effect at time of shipping. However, I have found that once the preorder prices have stablilzed, they tend to stay lower until after release date.

Anyone who has preordered may want to check their order status and see if the prices have indeed dropped, or are still at the original prices. I'd be curious to find out. If they still show the high prices, you may want to cancel and re-enter all three on your preorders to lock in the lower price.

Amazon also has free shipping to US addresses for orders over $25. :thumbsup:

I do have preordering links on the http://www.tijuanabrass.com home page, if anyone is still interested. I may update it later with the Amazon cover art.

I don't believe orders are updated automatically, unless they bill at the current price at time of shipping.

I decided not to take the risk that Amazon.com would change the price at the time of shipping, so I simply cancelled the order and placed a new order at the lower prices. Probably the safest way of ensuring the best price.

I just did as Tony did. Since I'm ordering two copies of each, it's a substantial difference.

Mike A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom