• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Bob Montgomery R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
Songwriter Bob Montgomery has died of Parkinson's disease at 77 years old. He worked for Bobby Goldsboro, the late Eddy Arnold & wrote the song "Misty Blue" for Dorothy Moore in 1976. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Sorry to hear... There were a few other artists recording in Nashville that Bob produced as well... Bobby RUSSELL among them, and Lobo...

When I had a My Space, Bob was a friend there and I may have had him in my Facebook transition, so I wonder why I haven't seen or heard from him...

One thing interesting about Bobby Goldsboro's biggest hit, "Honey", that Montgomery produced: You had to be a "Bobby" or a "Bob" to be qualified to sing it, as it was written by Bobby Russell, and previously done by Bob Shane of The Kingston Trio, before being produced by Bob Montgomery, and recorded by Bobby Goldsboro...

-- Dave

Songwriter Bob Montgomery Dies at Age 77

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Dec 4, 2014, 7:33 PM ET

A songwriter and producer who wrote hits for pop and country artists from Buddy Holly to Eddy Arnold has died.

Greg Matusky is a publicist for Bob Montgomery. He said Montgomery died Thursday in Lee's Summit, Missouri, after a struggle with Parkinson's disease. He was 77.

Montgomery was born in Lampasas, Texas, on May 12, 1937.

He initially teamed up with Holly as a rockabilly duo in the 1950s, but then focused on songwriting for Holly and the Crickets. In the late 1960s, he moved to Nashville, where he started House of Gold Music. It became a major publishing house, scoring hits for country stars including Alabama, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Dottie West and the Judds.

Montgomery also worked as a producer and record executive later in his career.

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom