• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Bobby Keys & Ian McLauen R.I.P.'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
Saxophonist for the Rolling Stones & the late John Lennon, Bobby Keys has died at 70 years old on Tuesday at 70 years old. He played the sax solo on "Brown Sugar" & "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" (both from "Sticky Fingers" in 1971) as well as Lennon (with Elton John duet) "Whatever Gets You Through The Night" in 1974. Ian McLauen, who played keyboards for both the Small Faces & The Faces has died of a stroke Wednesday at 69 years old. He played the keyboards on the Faces song "Stay With Me" (featuring Rod Stewart) in early 1972. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Keys also played his sax on Leo Sayer's "When I Need You"...

And how I never saw his name in the credits on Leo's Endless Flight album, yet saw him credited--or referenced--on a comp I had, I'll never know...

-- Dave

Uh, it's Ian McLagan, not McLauen. McLagan moved here to Austin back in the 90's and played with a lot of groups here.

Austin has attracted a few musicians recently. Joey Kramer (Aerosmith) has moved outside of Austin - I got to meet him at a sandwich joint on my route where I eat lunch. Robert Plant was living here for a while while he was dating singer Patti Griffin. They split up so I'm not sure if he's still here or not.

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom