• Pretty Flower

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teardrop City

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Love Every Day

• Two For The Price Of One

• Goodbye Baby (I Don't Want To See You Cry)

• I'm Digging You, Digging Me

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Leaving Again

• The Countess

• Population

• I Wanna Be Free

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart
I WONDER WHAT SHE'S DOING TONIGHT

A&M SP-4143

sp4143.jpg

Also released as mono LP-143 and on CD from Hip-O Select and as part of Rev-Ola's BEST OF BOYCE & HART.

Tracks:

Side One:
1. I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite (Boyce-Hart) 2:42
2. Pretty Flower (Boyce-Hart) 2:55
3. Teardrop City (Boyce-Hart) 2:28
4. Love Every Day (Boyce-Hart) 2:34
5. Two For The Price Of One (Watson-Williams-Mundy) 2:54

Side Two
1. Goodbye Baby (I Don't Want To See You Cry) (Boyce-Hart) 4:13
2. I'm Digging You, Digging Me (Boyce-Hart) 2:34
3. Leaving Again (Boyce-Hart) 2:35
4. The Countess (Boyce-Hart) 2:23
5. Population (Boyce-Hart) 4:44
6. I Wanna Be Free (Boyce-Hart) 2:18

Could'a picked "I Wonder...Tonight?" on the strength of its big beat and having become a big bang of a hit, and "I'm Digging You, Digging Me" is a real mighty and colossal throwback to their first album, but I think "I Wanna Be Free" is the best pick here, being so tender and touching and ending this album, as well...

Although The Monkees have been most recognized for covering it (and "videofying" it) it made its way into a number of other artists' (and mainly easy listening artists') catalogs... Such as versions by Ed Ames, Andy Williams, fellow-A&M artist Jimmie Rodgers, and probably even a number of country performers, too...

Nice how that was the song that somehow made these guys rich, and from it having had --well..., that bit of unusually powerful sort of potential...

Dave

Hmmmm...forgot about the fervent fragrance of "Pretty Flower", though the way it wilts as it drifts off into Boyce & Hart's typical musical escapades like a lot of their other stuff, then I guess that's what deteriorates my interest in making it "#2"...

Dave

No, it's Marvin Stamm on the trumpet, according to the liner notes of an anthology I have. Horn arrangements by Artie Butler.

Capt. Bacardi

These boys are pretty good! They have a good beat and write real good tunes and real good words! I hope they become stars real soon!

Back
Top Bottom