BRASIL NATIVO by Lani Hall is over 25 years old!

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I was looking through some CDs today and saw the Lani Hall BRASIL NATIVO disc on the shelf next to its CD single of "Meant To Be". As I also checked Discogs, I realized that the album was now 25 years old. That hardly seems possible, but I guess time flies. Pulling out the CD, I noticed that I'd stuck the receipt from the first-day purchase inside the folded liner notes. A bit crumpled and the ink faded, but here it is.

BrasilNativoRecpt.jpg
As you can see if you click on the above, I bought the disc on July 28th, 1998 at Borders Books and Music on the Main Line (Bryn Mawr) of Philadelphia. This particular Borders was a well-stocked location and I knew they'd have the CD on release day, so I stopped by the store on my way to work. You can see the time was 9:51 AM. From there it was another 15 minutes or so to work, and I was nearly always arriving there sometime between 10 and 10:30. My later start compensated for having to stay later in the evening, rarely getting out before 6 PM.

Looking around the Internet, I see that BRASIL NATIVO is out of print. Copies for sale are usually used on Amazon, Discogs and eBay. There exists only a couple three tracks on YouTube, so I thought I'd add one. This is the slightly shortened single version of the single, "Meant To Be."

Thanks for posting this, Harry. I bought it back in the day, too---and really wish this (along with BLUSH, I FEEL YOU and ANYTHING GOES) were available for
streaming.

Sadly I totally missed this one as the stores near where I live usually never kept what I like in stock by the time I found out about it it was out of print ( which happens 99.9 % of the time) but what I hear is definitely Lani at her best as always thankfully I have most but not all of her solo albums

I marvel quite often at how old some of my favorite music is. Hard to believe the A&M era is now in its 60s!

Back
Top Bottom