• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

CALLING OCCUPANTS OF INTERPLANETARY CRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I believe there is K.C. & the Sunshine Band right before that. It may be Perry Como, not Sinatra. I haven't played the acetate in years. When you take them out of the cover they get very cold to the touch, and the sound is extremely scratchy. They are really made to be played one time and then destroyed. I had a 10" test press of "Eve" at one time too, no flip side. Somebody from A&M used to go to the record swaps back in the late 70's and sell test pressings, and promos pretty cheap. Those were my best finds. I wish I had kept "Eve".

I've been doing song edits for my personal use for several years. I have 3 versions of Occupants.
#1 Long version minus radio, DJ, and alien intro
#2 Short version minus radio, DJ, and alien intro
#3 Short version with radio and some alien intro

I like my 3rd version the best as it gives context to the song without being annoying. I know most everyone is a purist and wants the real deal single version but I can't wait forever (or maybe never) for Richard to put it on a comp. When you examine the song on a music editor you can see how some verses are looped and the finale is just a very long extended loop of la la la's. I wish I knew how to create a Youtube video but I would probably be emailed with a cease & desist which happened to me when I posted them to 4Share a few years ago.

I've been doing song edits for my personal use for several years. I have 3 versions of Occupants.
#1 Long version minus radio, DJ, and alien intro
#2 Short version minus radio, DJ, and alien intro
#3 Short version with radio and some alien intro

I like my 3rd version the best as it gives context to the song without being annoying. I know most everyone is a purist and wants the real deal single version but I can't wait forever (or maybe never) for Richard to put it on a comp. When you examine the song on a music editor you can see how some verses are looped and the finale is just a very long extended loop of la la la's. I wish I knew how to create a Youtube video but I would probably be emailed with a cease & desist which happened to me when I posted them to 4Share a few years ago.

Another song I want to edit is Don't Cry for Me Argentina but I always hit the skip button rather than endure my agony, so I don't think my heart would be in it to create something that passed my sniff test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom