• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Capt. Bacardi says "Hi!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I finally had the pleasure of meeting the good Captain, aka Bill Bernardi last night. He's come in to Philadelphia for a Postal convention. (I wonder who's delivering the mail?)

We met at his hotel and headed down to the Penn's Landing area on the Delaware River where I dazzled him with the outstanding view of Camden, NJ. [sarcasm mode off] While our media was fretting about the ninth day of the current heatwave (90 or above), the Captain wondered what all the fuss was about. I guess those Texans are used to quite a bit higher temps.

For those who've not had the plaesure, the Captain sounds exactly the way you'd think he sounds based on his posts -- at least that's the way I perceived it. And the two of us, who'd never met face to face before, had that instant air of familiarity, as if we'd been life-long friends.

I've now had the pleasure of meeting four of the regulars here, Neil, Mac, BJ, and the Captain, and all of them have been truly "nice" people, just as I would have expected.

Anyway, the Captain says, "Hi!" from Philly.

Harry
NP: radio at work

The Cap'n would freeze up here--WCSX says it's now 74 degrees outside, sunny, beautiful day. And we're sending it east. :)

I guess the hangovers finally wore off, eh? :wink:

-= N =-
...wiped out from a day at the zoo...

Harry-Thanks for the kind words-the feeling is mutual. Any possibility that the Cap'n. may be able to experience a Frank Pica pizza? I guess with a convention,people might sway him to try a cheesesteak from Pat's or Geno's while I prefer Jim's on South St. But for pizza-you know there is nothing better than a Pica's large. You did right by showing Cap'n the riverfront-it is beautiful and sometimes you can see that famous Nipper dog across the river where RCA Victor once made great recordings. Some may feel that this thread belongs in FAO but this is indeed what this small circle of friends is about. And for the Cap'n-Yo! Welcome to Fluffya! Enjoy your time and hope you get to see South St. I have just consumed a Tastykake French Apple Pie in your honor. Mac

WOW! The Philly contingent is most hospitable. Rudy must make a point of visiting yon brotherly city in the near future. :D

Now, where the heck has BJ been hiding? Is she OK?

-= N =-
...who still has a photo of our Philly trio to post online when time allows...

I've had a few emails from BJ. She claims to be busy. Her last email mentioned the releases of BRASIL 88 and HOMECOOKING.

Harry
...part of that friendly Philly contingent, online..

Harry said:
For those who've not had the plaesure, the Captain sounds exactly the way you'd think he sounds based on his posts -- at least that's the way I perceived it. And the two of us, who'd never met face to face before, had that instant air of familiarity, as if we'd been life-long friends.

It must've been that music you had playing in your car. :cool: You know, I totally forgot to take my camera along that night. I even had it sitting on the table by the door of my hotel room and spaced it. We could've had a new photo in the Rogues Gallery, with beautiful Camden in the background. :D

Capt. Bacardi
...kicking back tonight online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom