• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters Gold - Billboard Album Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

I just got the most recent Billboard here at the office and "Carpenters Gold" has rebounded to #101 on The Billboard 200! It was #122 the week before and had reached its previous peak of #116 the week before that. I'm not sure what accounts for the recent surge, but let's hope that it breaks into the top 100 soon. Wouldn't that be a coup?!

Tony

Thanks Tony, I really appreciate this type of information! Now, do we have a count of how many units sold to date?

Good news for Gold 35th Edition as this is double CD release ....with more promotion should do even better ....not that Carpenters need more chart or sales success in USA ....which is assured ....but this reinforces their timeless music since 1970 and reassures Universal re : sales and appeal to new younger audience and future marketing :o

Gold's success should ensure more Universal or joint promotions for both this key compilation and most importantly USA As Time Goes By in April / May 2004 and for rest of year :)

I would estimate sales to date at 90,000 > 100,000 -which with counting double CD sales ....is well on the way to Gold certification later this year :D

Peter

Alas, I just got word that "Carpenters Gold" dropped from #101 to #123 on the latest Billboard 200 chart. It scanned 9,635 units last week, bringing the total to date to 82,000.

Tony

Now, I am in distress. I want this gizmo to mooove and encourage Universal and such to provide us...the "average listeners" an ever expanding CarpenterS catalog. A promo for ATGB would be really cool. They're in the biz of making money. That requires some promo. I believe marketing could make or break this release. Is the GOLD commerciall still running on in some markets? Of course I'll have a handful of them. I would imagine that PDX Ore. sales will be quite sufficient. What with gift giving, private stock-piling etc... The Pacific NorthWest is alive and well. GOLD appears everywhere regularily and as I've stated before...it ultimately finds its display in an optimal view for sales awareness. Outside of peddling them on a corner in downtown PDX with the Hare Krishna's who already dominate six or eight prime locations...I must settle for what's appealing to the masses. I wonder what CarpenterS demographics are?

Greedy as ever,

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom