• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters on Jim Croce Special

Jarred

I don’t know if this is newly found footage for us fans but I just came upon it. It says it’s from 1973 but I thought this was from ‘74 because of the picture I’m assuming was taken this day that I always read was from 74. And Karen’s hair is a giveaway (parting bangs).

Listen to what she says at 0:35, it could easily apply to her own early passing.

I remember when this originally aired and I fell asleep before it came on. I was pissed! The comments they made about Jim Croce's joke are most likely the reason these comments were removed from the commercially-released version of the special. It wouldn't have been appropriate to keep it in for several reasons. But the clip is still nice to have and Karen looks awesome.

I would say yes if you go back to the video where they were in their home it is the same one.

Was Karen ever rockin’ that 60’s teeny-bopper look with that skirt and top and go-go boots! Looks like she was from the Imorg planet in Spock’s Brain!

But I can see that this is the video that they got Karen’s interview from for the “Close To You” Documentary.

Back
Top Bottom