• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters UK 'Yesterday Once More' rare EMI CD 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.

martley

Hello just wanted to post that I've found my EMI CD from 1984 that was withdrawn after a very short time. I didn't know that this was such a rarity until a few years after I got it. I've played it tonight and it's still in perfect condition and the sound quality is as it was when I first got it. Here's a couple of links to photos of it :-

Congrats Martley. That's a good one!

Once I learned of that set, it took me years to find one at a semi-reasonable price. There had been one listing on eBay where the reserve hadn't been met and the bidding was over $900. As far as I know, it went unsold. The set I found went for much less - well under $100.

Of course the attraction here is that all of the tracks are in un-remixed form. Those that had updates in 1973 were presented in those versions, but Richard's '80s remixes hadn't happened yet. The set also contains the only known CD presentation of the original LP mix of "Those Good Old Dreams."

Harry

I've been listening to Carpenters a lot tonight. I have all their albums in the 1989 box set released in the UK. Without doubt when I was growing up in the 70s they were very popular here in the UK. Without doubt one of the best bands ever in the history of popular music. Everything that has been said about Karen's voice will remain forever; she's simply unsurpassable. Then you have Richard's arrangements and the songs which are timeless.

That 1989 box has an interesting entry - the A SONG FOR YOU is an exact digital clone of the MFSL version that sells for many hundreds of dollars.

Harry

Wow all this knowledge :). I think that Carpenters happened at a time when record labels were able to invest in their artists longer term. A&M had such a varied roster of bands and artists.

That 1989 box has an interesting entry - the A SONG FOR YOU is an exact digital clone of the MFSL version that sells for many hundreds of dollars.

Harry

Hi Harry

That's an interesting tidbit. Do you mean the entire CD is a clone or just the title song?

I have this silly thing and never listen. Didn't realize original mixes and that. Hmmmm gotta spin 'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom