• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carp's Covers Desktop Wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyLoveSongs

Here's a preview (and a link to the 800x600 version) of a collage I produced. Enjoy the Carpenters on your desktop!

carpwall2.jpg

http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/SillyLoveSongs/The Carpenters/carpwall.jpg

Ahoy!

I'm looking to create (for my private use) a replication of the HORIZON cover that can somehow find its way into wall paper, silkscreen or some other reproduction format. Has anyone had experience here?

With yet another indulgence,

Jeff

Hi gang,

I guess I nead to clarify. I'm going to create some sort of actual "wallpaper" with HORIZON albums. I'm still figuring out how to do this so it'll look cool and professional. Yesterday I hit three used record stores and picked up six copies of HORIZON for my project. This brings my total for this purpose to twelve. They are all in fine condition. Obviously this is my fave l.p. cover. When I met Karen & Richard in 1978...she looked so pretty. The HORIZON cover depicts the closest resemblance to her "live appearance" to me.

Oh what a hobby,

Jeff

I now have sixteen copies of HORIZON all from local used record stores within a 30 mile radius of downtown Portland. These are going to make for an unusual display. Still working on mounting, framing and a host of other options. These particular copies are for Art-sake. I have my personal stash of three pristine albums and covers that will never see the light of day. In one of these CarpenterS goldmines I found a copy of HORIZON in Quad. This was a first for me. All along I'd only focused on THE SINGLES Quad. Just one more reason to make the rounds...again. In several of these nooks I found some outstanding 45's with picture sleeves in perfect condition! 10 in all. However the vendor wasn't giving these away for under 10 smackers. I'll return on payday. I like to collect the pic 45's as I have easily 6 of each release, mint quality. Found one CarpenterS l.p. never been opened, folded, worn, dirtied, nothin! PLus it had the Grammy Award sticker gleaming out of the corner...for $2...sure thing!

Do ANY of you collector's out there go in pursuit of such things so enthusiastically? Or is that chiefly my job around here? I blazed a trail thru So. Central and No. Calif. on the same mission. So, if you want to get a hold of some of these ya best be doin' it 'fore I buzz by.

Fanatically inclined,

Jeff

So glad I don't live in your neck of the woods, I'd be one unhappy poor boy. :D

You sure have more copies of anything I have. I don't collect more than one of any same item. Unless it's something like: I own the Singles 69-73 LP and I also own the Singles 69-73 Audiophile LP. Only collect is there is a noticable difference in sound.

What does that quad Lp of Horizons sound like, give some details, ok???
I'd not heard of that one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom