Ceremony in Ginza Tokyo, 30 million CD's sold in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

Richard received Gold Disc at Yamano Gakki in Ginza Tokyo.
580.jpg

Universal Music Japan sent newsletter to fans who voted for "40/40". The first to the 60st fans, who would buy "40/40" at Ginza shop of Yamano Gakki, will be able to attend Gold Disc ceremony and shake hands with Richard(Greet and Meet).

I: Isn't the shop where we received Olivia Newton-John's autograph back in the middle of '70s?
My sister: The shop where we went to buy ABBA concert tickets.

Fans who bought it at the shop got 40th anniversary cotton bag, A&M logo T-shrit or 40/40 poster.

Fans waited for shop to open, bought 40/40 at around 10:30. We had to kill time until the evening ceremony. Fortunately my sister doesn't work on Tuesday, we went to our parents' house together. On the way to our parets' house, a railway staion had a huge 40/40 poster!!

On April 21st Richard, Mary, Kristi and Colin arrived at Yamano Gakki about 1 hour and minutes before the ceremony, Richard signed the huge poster of "40/40" hanging outside special 40/40 corner. Then signed for 60 fans inside of the building.

Richard received the disc and performed medley and talked about arrangement of "Top of the World" on "Yesterday Once More - Tribute to the Carpenter", playing the piano.

After shaking hands with Richard my sister told me that his hand is warm like Karen. I answered "Really? I applauded so much that my hands were hot. Karen's hand was colder than mine."

There were many TV camera persons and press persons. On 22nd many TV programs, newspapers and net articles reported the event.
300.jpg

Richard said at the ceremony there are no more new publication photos of Karen and Richard but he selected photos for 40th anniversary box from his collection. Some of new to me photos are on the Disc.

20090422carpenters-thumb.JPG
nankou_090419.jpg

( http://blog.hokkaido-np.co.jp/mabushi/archives/2009/04/post_452.html#comments
http://nankou765.blog92.fc2.com/blog-entry-146.html )
Sakura

SakuraSYayoi said:
Richard said at the ceremony there are no more new publication photos of Karen and Richard but he selected photos for 40th anniversary box from his collection.

Aw that's quite sad, brings home to me how the cupboard is bare now so to speak, no more new images of them :sad:

Don't be too sad, Stephen. Haven't you checked new photos from Redferns on Getty Images? I posted a few photos from Chris Walter's photo site (and Getty Images) to another thread. They have new 1974 photos taken by Jan Persson and added Jim McCrary's photos. There were new photos to me when Japanese TV visited Jim last year. Jim has not-surfaced photos. They did be taken but not chosen for press.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom