• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Chas Jankel - QUESTIONNAIRE (SP-4885)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Chas Jankel
QUESTIONNAIRE
A&M SP-4885
sp4885.jpg

SIDE ONE:

109 3:53
Johnny Funk 4:57
Now You're Dancing 3:39
Magic of Music 4:53

SIDE TWO:

Glad to Know You 6:35
Boy 3:53
Questionnaire 5:05
3,000,000 Synths 6:27

Musical Guests:

Vocals - Laura Weymouth, Ingrid Mansfield Allman, Alan Carvell, Jo Collins, Mick Leeson, Pepe Lemer, Peter Vale, Tessa Webb & Janie Romer
Bass - Norman Watt-Roy, Kuma Harada & Micky Feat
Lyrics - Ian Dury

Drums - Peter Van-Hooke, Cecil Roy-Doeman & Charlie Charles
Programming - Chris Warwick
Bells - Philip Bagenal
Guitar - Mick Jacques

Percussion - Groko
Trombone - Rico Rodruigez & Malcolm Griffith
Trumpet - Dick Cuthell, Allen Downie, Henry Lowther & Martin Drover
Sax - Bob Sydor & Bill Skeat

Horn Arrangements - John Altman
Maracas - Juan Carnache
Recorded at Eastcote Products Recording Studio, London

Mixed by Peter Van-Hooke, Phillip Bagenar, Chas Jankel (co-producers) and Steve Prestage
Mastered at Sterling Sound by Gred Calbi
Art Direction: Chuck Beeson/ Design: Melanie Nissen

Released 1981

JB

Without a doubt the best of his A&M releases! The title track has an awesome video by his sister, Annabel Jankel:

The video is what I remember best about this song. I first saw it on "Goodnight, LA" , a local video program that used to air on KABC Fridays at 11:30 pm and ran to 1 am or a bit past. They always showed long form and cool videos like this one, not just the video hits. They had theme shows sometimes and liked to mix in movie clips and old ads. They used to simulcast on KLOS, also. You never knew what you were going to see on the show. There was also a weekend version that turned up every once in a while when there was some time to fill in the afternoon on KABC. Great show which I miss a lot :sad:

Yep, Goodnight LA was the only place I've seen a Skafish, Cramps and RandyAndy video on air...

--Mr Bill

It definitely filled the niche after USA cancelled Night FLight back in the early 80s... I sure miss that decade and just about everything about it!

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom