Cheryl Dilcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Jim!

For a while there, I thought you were going to say you saw her performing in your area! :rotf:

I'll have to get a gander at her Website, too, when I get a chance. I don't have either of her LP's anymore...just her "Butterfly" mask! :wink:

Dave :tongue:

I remember hearing the songs "High" and "All Woman" and snapping up the BUTTERFLY album thinking it was going to a rock'n'roll LP, but there were an awful lot of slow songs on it, as I remember. Those two tracks were really good though. She was the pre-Pat Benatar, or could have been anyway.

Mike Blakesley said:
I remember hearing the songs "High" and "All Woman" and snapping up the BUTTERFLY album thinking it was going to a rock'n'roll LP, but there were an awful lot of slow songs on it, as I remember. Those two tracks were really good though. She was the pre-Pat Benatar, or could have been anyway.

MAGIC was my favorite Cheryl Dilcher LP. "It's A Secret" was my favorite song and so was "Magic", the instrumental that starts of the album. She made another LP on the Butterfly label, BLUE SAILOR, but it was not nearly as good as what she did for A&M. I Thought she also made an LP in the early-Seventies that Bette Midler sang back up on. Someone even brought it to a record store Bette was at for her to sign.

Dave

The only thing I don't like about the site is that it doesn't have ANY images and the link it does have to an image is only a scan of the upper two thirds of the album. In my quest to scan every AOTW it is one of the few gaps I have from 4099 to 4500.

What really sucks is that I found a great scan on eBay of the Butterfly LP in which the seller scanned not only every facet of the gatefold sleeve but did the label (not a stock A&M label) as well. Well, anyway I downloaded them and then transfered them to a floppy to correct some keystoning on my work computer (where I have the full version of PhotoShop since the LE version I have at home does not allow for skew tweakage) and got one of those "cannot read disc -- parameter incorrect. My mistake was deleteing them off the home computer after I was sure they were on the floppy... Lost a few other oddities as well, sadly, but they'll pop up on eBay sometime again...

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom