COULD RECENT U.K. CHART ACTION BRING ABOUT A NEW COLLECTION?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ullalume

Hello all,

Obviously pleased at Gold's recent trip to #4 in the U.K. and just wondered whether this could spur on Universal to release an ATGB 2. I think it was after the success of 22 hits in Japan that ATGB was released there. Now I know that the recent success over here is nowhere near the mania that sweeped Japan, but never-the-less it must give the powers that be a push in the right direction. 6 weeks in the top 40 and a top 5 compilation with limited publicity is rather impressive.

Any thoughts. . .?

Neil

Hmmm...Perhaps you're onto something. I really hope so, at least he sees that we care (or at least he can see that the UK cares! ) PROMOTION is the KEY WORD! PROMOTION! PROMOTION!

I hope to see a new set, not a compilation though.

Neil ,

Certainly always good to see Carpenters success in UK , USA, Japan & Worldwide with chart & sales figures to maintain their legacy :cool:

Really Universal can promote these kind of releases with their eyes half shut ....sometimes this appears to be true :wink: Universal & other music giants love these hits / classics collections or other themed compilations ...too much sadly :confused:

Now what does need to be done is for Universal UK ....followed by other markets to promote / support actively AS TIME GOES BY ....that would be a real challenge / achievement ....many fans still do not know about this release ....this excludes die-hards ....I would really love to see ATGB in UK top 30 albums or better & no doubt Richard would be pleasantly surprised / shocked .... :o

Richard could certainly consider another Rarities set for 2006 / 2007 & most of us would be delighted .... :wink:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom