• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Courtney Love / Universal Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

Just announced on BBC on-line that Courtney Love has secured a settlement with the dreaded Universal Group re : Her own Hole recordings and Nirvana Outtakes :o

Interesting that Universal have agreed to give Love control of all Hole masters recordings , plus re-recording rights and will release a separate Hole Video / DVD over next year.

Universal have gained Love's and ex-Nirvana members agreement to issue a Greatest Hits with unreleased track plus 2003 Box Set and future Rarities Album , so there should be further good sales / profits.

Originally Universal planned to sue over Love breaking the terms of her recording contract , another 5 Albums were due and Love countersued that this was slave labour and the contract was totally one-sided :shock:

Love has also committed herself to the California campaign to overturn the existing Record Companies Contracts , to restrict any contracts to 7 years maximum and provide fairer advances , royalties and clauses for all Artists.Once California is won , a National Artists against Contracts campaign will commence in Washington :)

Good to see Artists fighting these dreaded Contracts & Companies , just need to remind all the Artists and Music Industry that music buyers / consumers need fair deals as well :D

I am sure that Artists will gain more legal rights and improve their Contracts .....there is hope that other Universal and particuarly A&M Artists will gain fair Contracts and rights to their recordings / work :D :D

PJ said:
Interesting that Universal have agreed to give Love control of all Hole masters recordings

That's probably because no one else wants them! Why does it seem to me that Courtney Love and Anna Nichole Smith are equally useless? Two skanks who get way too much attention. :freak:

Capt. Bacardi

Hole, IIRC, was just a flash in the pan. I only know of one Hole song, and didn't mind it too much actually. But once Courtney Love became tabloid fodder, all bets were off, and she's now just an oddity. (How many people out there realize that she was even in a band, and not just Cobain's widow?) Didn't realize that Nirvana was a Universal act...but IIRC, weren't they on DGC (Geffen's label), which was sold to Universal?

Aside from the fact that it's Courtney Love, I'm hoping this does send a message to the industry. I'm in support of any artist that can get back control of their masters.

-= N =-

Aside from the fact that it's Courtney Love, I'm hoping this does send a message to the industry. I'm in support of any artist that can get back control of their masters.

-= N =-
I hope so too, she may be a Bimbo, but apparantly a rather smart Bimbo. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom