• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

David Bowie Hospitalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

It turns out that David Bowie had some serious heart problems. From Yahoo news:

David Bowie Has Emergency Heart Surgery

LONDON - Musician David Bowie underwent an emergency angioplasty to open a blocked heart artery in Germany and is recuperating, his spokesman said Friday.

Doctors discovered the blockage after the 57-year-old Bowie sought treatment after performing in the German town of Scheesel on June 25, according to the spokesman, Julian Stockton.

A pinched nerve was initially cited as the cause of shoulder pain that forced Bowie to shorten a June 23 performance in Prague and eventually to cancel the remainder of a European tour.

Stockton did not specify the date of the procedure but said it was after the June 25 show. Bowie left the clinic in Hamburg, Germany early this week and is now with his family in New York.

Stockton quoted Bowie as saying, "Can't wait to be fully recovered and get back to work again. I tell you what, though, I won't be writing a song about this one."

The British Bowie, who was born David Jones, gained stardom with his groundbreaking 1972 album "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust," following it up with albums including "Young Americans" a few years later and "Let's Dance" in 1983, another huge seller. His latest album "Reality" was the centerpiece of his tour.

He is married to the supermodel Iman.

Capt. Bacardi

I'm hopeful he makes a speedy recovery and is performing again soon.
Mr. Bowie has A&M connections via his association with the band Junior's Eyes, whose self-titled album (SP 4189) was released in 1969.
That album was reissued on CD with bonus tracks and a sticker geared toward marketing this release through the Bowie connection.
JB

LPJim said:
Mr. Bowie has A&M connections via his association with the band Junior's Eyes' self-titled album (SP 4189).
That album was reissued on CD with bonus tracks and a sticker geared toward marketing this release through the Bowie connection.

JB

On that note and because I'm also a Bowie Fan, I too, wish him a quick recovery and that he'll "pick up where he left off" in his touring. :agree:

Dave

The band Mott The Hoople, whose "All The Young Dudes" (single and album) Bowie produced, had a more remote A&M connection than Bowie himself, insofar as the compositions from band members (i.e. Ian Hunter) were at one time or another published by Irving Music, Inc. (notably the B-side "One Of The Boys").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom