• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

DUSTY & RICHARD -UK CHARTS .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

UK fans may have noted Universal issued a new Dusty Springfield Love Songs Compilation last week -which included two Carpenters related tracks :

Something In Your Eyes -Richard & Dusty (1987)

Close To You -(1964) -Dusty's original cover

Album entered UK charts @ #25 this week -good to see Richard's track receiving more sales and awareness from music fans :)

Possibly this set will be issued later this year in USA , Japan etc :?:

Peter

I whole-heartedly agree!!! :cheers:

I believe "Something In Your Eyes" to be one of the GREATEST pop/love songs ever written and performed.

And while KC's deep, longing alto is missed, Dusty and RC nail this mother home. Anyone that's longed, lost and loved could not disagree.

-D

"Something In Your Eyes" is already available on Dusty's US "Ultimate Collection".And,"Close To You" appears on Dusty's 1967 release "The Look Of Love"-which was available on CD until 2003.And,for the record,Dusty also recorded "I Just Fall In Love Again" in 1979.

Dusty recorded a few other Carpenters staples ....as Mr J stated I Just Fall In Love Again and A Song For You in the early 1970's .....however these arrangements / productions ....are not a patch on Carpenters classics :)

Peter

I just got the Something In Your Eyes 45 in the mail yesterday. I can't tell you how much I love this song. I think I have played about 20 times already.

I love Dusty's voice and Richard's arrangements. This is the kind of song that I would picture Karen singing today.

Karen Carpenter and Dusty Springfield are considered to be two of the finest female vocalists of all time. I found it rather strange that Karen was born on March 2nd and Dusty died March 2nd. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom