Early Paul Williams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy second from the right looks familiar, but I can't remember his name! Paul looks like a kid!

Marilyn
online, and trying not to show her age :tongue:

This album is not rare. I've sold sealed cut-out copies for $10-12 at record shows and nobody got too excited. It's a pleasant affair, with many attractive melodies. It's NOT a holy grail item, though.

That seems to be a dead link, Harry. Or it could just be inaccessible form out here in the Arabian Sea...

--Mr Bill

In case you can't access it, here's the text from the site:

The Holy Mackerel Are:
Paul Williams - lead vocals
George Hiller - lead guitar,harmonica,organ,dobro,banjo, vocals
Mentor Williams - rhythm guitar,lead vocals on songs marked
Jeremiah Scheff - bass,vocals
Mike Cannon - drums,percussion,vocals
Cindy Fitzpatrick - flute,vocals
Richard Parry - The Producer writes:
The Holy Mackerel began in November, 1967, when Paul Williams came to me with a new song for Tiny Tim, Fill Your Heart. It has always been my favorite cut from Tiny's first album, but while listening to Paul's voice on the domonstration record I experienced a rare musical high: the producer's dream of discovering an artist-writer who he feels can be of genuine importance. My excitement was intensified when Paul told me of his plans to form a group.
Longtime friend and flautist C.A. (Cindy) Fitzpatrick was the first to join, followed closely by her schoolmate George Hiller, musical craftsman and scholar par excellence.
One chilly December night some weeks later, the trio entered a Redondo Beach cafe where they happen upon Paul's long lost brother, Mentor (he hadn't called in weeks), gainfully employed therin as a balladeer and bouncer.
"Is he really your brother?" whispered Cindy.
"...And might he join our band?" queried George.
And then there were four.
"But what of drums and bass?" asked Mentor.
"There can be no compronise" stated their producer firmly
And compromise there wasn't. Fate soon provided the missing Mackerels in the persons of Jeremiah Scheff and Mike Cannon, musicians of extraordinary caliber. The group finally complete, each one seemed perfectly to compliment the others-musically,spiritualy,and beyond.
First there were six...and now they are one.
Witness the Birth of the Holy Mackerel

Track Listing, also from that site:

The Holy Mackerel
(with The Holy Mackerel)

Reprise Records

Produced By: Richard Perry

(Click on any underlined song title to get the lyrics for that song)
Bitter Honey+
Nothin' Short Of Misery*
(vocal: Mentor Williams)
The Golden Ghost Of Love*
The Wild Side Of Life£
10,000 Men*
1984*
The Secret Of Pleasure#
Scorpio Red*
The Lady Is Waiting*