Electric Miles DVD Due Out In November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

I know not everybody dug Miles Davis's electric bands, but for those who did like it (like me!) there will be a DVD released in November of one of his early electric concerts. From the Jazz Times site:

Electric Miles DVD Documentary & Screening

2004_10_05_miles_davis.jpg

This November, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release the documentary Miles Electric: A Different Kind of Blue on DVD, which documents the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival performance by Davis, where he and his band performed before 600,000 fans. Directed by award-winning producer Murray Lerner, also featured are interviews of participating musicians Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Keith Jarrett, Dave Holland and Gary Bartz as well as admirers Carlos Santana and Joni Mitchell.

When Davis released Bitches Brew in 1970, some critics accused Davis of selling out, while consumers kept his album on the top of the charts. Miles Electric: A Different Kind of Blue examines the next step in the process -- performing live.

The DVD has a running time of 73 minutes and is presented in 5.1 surround sound. It will be available November 16 for a suggested retail price of $19.98.

If you want to catch the flick before the DVD hits, Miles Electric will be screened October 9 at 7:30 p.m. as part of the New York Film Festival, followed by a panel discussion, “Impact of Miles Davis on American Music,” at 9:30 p.m.

Capt. Bacardi

Thanks for the info, Captain. I'm personally interested in his recordings around 1970 and thereafter, particularly Live Evil and On the Corner. Do you have any idea whether the DVD will discuss his extensive work with Teo Macero on these recordings? They were in splicing heaven with the tapes when Miles went fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom