• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Eric Carmen "Brand New Year"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
Here is Eric Carmen latest song "Brand New Year" (from "The Essential Eric Carmen") coming on Tuesday, March 11, 2014: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Eric Carmen has always been one of my favorites. Of course, I liked his big 70s hits, "All by Myself" and "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again," but I am even more enamored with other 70s hits, particularly "Change of Heart," "She Did It," and (especially) "Boats Against the Current" (written by Eric but also recorded by Olivia Newton-John). We've lost so many 70s stars; it's nice to see Eric still recording...

Thanks for the link! Glad to see he's got a new best-of package coming out, too!
I'm a big fan of his myself and have always been impressed with all that he's accomplished in his career. He obviously had a nice run of hits, i.e. "Go All the Way," "I Wanna Be with You," "Overnite Sensation," "Let's Pretend," etc., with the Raspberries and was really a central figure in giving birth to the power-pop genre (probably my favorite genre of music, actually), and then had an impressive run as a solo artist in the '70s, as Jamesj75 pointed out, with classics like "All By Myself," "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again," etc., but then to have an unlikely comeback in the late '80s with songs like "Hungry Eyes" and "Make Me Lose Control" and "I Wanna Hear It from Your Lips" is even more impressive. Then, on top of it all, he's written quite a handful of hits for other artists, i.e. Shaun Cassidy's "Hey Deanie" and "That's Rock'n'Roll," and Mike Reno and Ann Wilson's Footloose ballad "Almost Paradise," Peter Cetera and Crystal Bernard's "(I Wanna Take) Forever Tonight," etc. When you think of all the hits he's penned over the years, it's actually a little surprising he's not a bigger name.

Eric's last studio album was "Winter Dreams" (1997) only released in Japan. In the U.S., the title changed to "I Was Born To Love You" (early 2000) without the Beach Boys 1966 remake of "Caroline, No". Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom