• Two exciting new Carpenters releases are now available. The new book Carpenters: The Musical Legacy can be ordered here. A big thanks to the authors and Richard Carpenter for their tremendous effort in compiling this book! Also, the new solo piano album Richard Carpenter's Piano Songbook is available for ordering here.

Essential Collection Canadian price... Are they CRAZY??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray

I've just been to HMV.com, the largest Canadian online CD store, and they are now taking orders for the Essential Collection box set. I was absolutely shocked when I saw the price... $115.99 CDN!!! That's $29 per disc, the highest price I have EVER seen for a domestic release. This is ridiculous.

I guess my decision has been made for me, and I'll be doing without this set. Unless Columbia House carries it, and offers it on one of their half-price sales... (sigh)

Murray
...on a tight budget...

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
At the current exchange rate, $115.99 converts to $73.07 US. Which, actually, is not far off the mark of Universal's $18.98 gouge list pricing for single CD releases. How do Canadian prices look on single-CD releases in comparison?

Would it be cheaper for you to buy it from a US merchant?

That price is obscene. But not surprising. This is Univer$al's reply to being awash in red ink and blaming all their woes on internet piracy.

Columbia house, half.com, or any used dealer will likely have this set a lot cheaper after several months. Patience will reward the wallet in this case.

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom