Fans love Carpenters, not carpenters (L.A. Times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, the Media Circus that must be going on there... --If only I could see it...! :twisted:

Dave

I think that many media reported because AP and Reuters reported. Their articles are delivered to all over the world.

Reuters
It is also the place where Karen Carpenter collapsed in her bedroom ....in 1983 at the age of 32.

AP
It was also where an anorexic Karen Carpenter collapsed in 1983

If AP or Reuters mentioned 25th anniversary, many articles all over the world would have her 25th anniversary.
They didn't do math.

I read one article about Newville Avenue House mentioned;
This month marks the 25th anniversary of the the death of Karen Carpenter
They had Now & Then, the gate-fold cover opened.

When I search for Carpenters in Japanese news, I often find articles about Carpenters cover; someone recorded Carpenters songs, Carpenters songs were played at events, and such.
(When Reuters reported that Barry Manilow accidentally broke his nose, the news reached to Japan and Europe. I hardly find articles about Barry in Japanese news.)

I posted this to another group in the morning of Feb. 4th(U.S. time) there was an article; "Sweet memories of a fragile pop genius".

I posted this, too, to another group. There was an article; "Musical journey recalls a great voice"
....Last weekend, the station broadcast a show that first aired in February of 1983.
....Casey Kasem’s song dedication to Karen Carpenter,...."
What song did Casey Kasem play? I hadn't been able to hear American Top 40 since the day that I knew Karen passed away. I was sure that American Top 40 Japanese edition would have tribute corner to Karen, though.

There was in blog, "February 4th 1983 - the day the music died".

There was "Rainy Days and Mondays" on Feb. 5th in blog of USA Today.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom