• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"For All We Know" nylon string acoustic version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapdancer

I guess many here would be familiar with the story as to how Richard managed to get Jose Feliciano onto the original recording. As someone with a background in classical guitar, I'm intrigued both as to Feliciano's lead nylon string acoustic guitar part, and his treatment of the music.

Given that I've had no luck scouring YouTube, does anyone have a copy in their possession? And if so, could they describe how it sounds? Much appreciated!

That version has never been released, not even as a bootleg. Definitely one that I think many of us hardcore fans would love to hear! Now that the oboe version has become so beloved by the fans, I doubt Richard will ever release it, that's if it even still exists in its nylon string guitar overdub form. For me, it's in the same league as the first and second versions of 'Close To You' - I doubt we'll ever hear them.

stupid question.... but any bootlegged copies of some of these other songs we've talked about so many times?? Moon is a Harsh Mistress, etc..?

I am not 100% certain, but I do believe I know where you can go to hear at least a snippet of this. When I purchased my copy of "This Is Your Life", in the opening sequence Herb plays a version of "For All We Know" that I had never heard before. It starts out with a flamenco-style guitar. It was only later that remembered the story from the Coleman book that talked about Jose Feliciano being part of the original recording session.

I have This Is Your Life. Thinkin I might wanna tap into some Jose. When I get around to it I'll report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom