Gold CD Commericals

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

There have been sightings of the commercial for Gold: 35th Anniversary Edition on Pax and ABC. I can't tell you much because I just saw the ending part of it. Watch for it :!:

I saw the new A&M commercial for the Carpenters "Gold". The spot runs two minutes. It features clips of over 20 different songs (nothing new).

They mention the "three unreleased songs in the U.S." and play a clip of "Leave yesterday behind". The CD is $19.95, plus $5.00 shipping. If you order on TV, you get a poster as a free gift. The poster is the photo cover of "Carpenters classics".

It's a great spot and really helps cement K&R as musical leaders. I saw it on CBS overnight.

Is "Carpenters Classics" the same photo as "Interpretations" from the 1976 photo session? I am picturing the one of RC in the leather jacket and KC in a fur coat. Is that right? Hope to catch the commercial soon!

Randy

The photo was used on A&M's 25th anniversary collection. It features Richard out front, looking to the side, with Karen behind him. The photo is just a head shot. It looks 1982. It's always been one of my favorite pictures. Karen looks great!

[/img]

Jeff

From your description I know the photo you mention - I have an original 8x 10 black and white of this shot, it's an alternate pose from the same session that spawned the cover of the UK 'Only Yesterday' collection, which reached the no.1 spot on the UK charts (what memories!!!). The same - or a very similar- picture also ended up on the cover of Lovelines.

For the record, I believe this session took place in late 1980/early 1981 (on the full wide shot, Karen is clearly seen to be wearing her wedding ring).

Also, if you compare the shot with the 'untouched' original published in the 5 CD readers digest CD booklet, you will see that Karen does not look so well - they airbrushed those shots (Karen's features more so than Richard's) to make her look more well than she really did.

Stephen

Yeah,

I believe it was taken March/April of '81. I have a large colour print of a variation of the pose, this time with both Karen and Richard looking stern.

It's my favourite photo of theirs.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom