• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Greetings from Mr Bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
Hi Folks!

I am back on line after an interesting three months (give or take a few days) on Board USS Constellation. I want to thank all of you who wrote (or posted) well wishes for me. Believe me they meant a lot and I did read all of them, even though I was rarley able to answer. For now I'm back in Bahrain for a few more months (with photographic trips to other places) and will be back on US soil by Summer.

I know Neil mentioned some of my exploits in the FAO forum. I will endeavour to get some pics up here soon or on my own site (www.irscorner.com) soon. Needless to say, being in the Navy was a lot safer than being a Marine -- those guys face the bullets and bombs where I was (at closest) a mile from any exploding ordnance. Those are the guys that need our prayers! If you saw video of missiles flying off USS Bunker Hill -- that was my video. And the still Navy Photog I was with got the cover shot that's on Time. What a coup for his portfolio!

More later (as buddy LPJim says).

--Mr Bill

Glad to hear you're safe and that you're keeping democracy safe for US! Congrats on the nifty awards, and we'll be looking for your return in the summer. Stay safe!

Harry
...happy to hear from 'anywhere-in-the-world' Mr. Bill, online...

I think we should change his location to "Bustin' Butt from Bahrain" or something similar... :wink:

Anyhoo, take care bud!

Good to hear from you again! Hopefully, all of you guys will get to come home in the very near future. I've seen quite a few images on the news from the Constellation, and keep trying to catch a glimpse of you. Maybe you should flash an A&M or IRS logo for the cameras. :D

Capt. Bacardi

Keep up the good work, stay safe, and by all means...COME IN FROM BAHRAIN...

God Bless ALL our troops!

Dan, soon to be feeding some more Reservists...a good case for MRE's...

Bill's got a couple of photos he wanted to send my way. I'll post 'em in the gallery, or at least here in the forum, when I get them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom