• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Halloween Horrors (SP-3300)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

It's that time of year again to pull out this one of a kind LP from A&M:

HALLOWEEN HORRORS
A&M SP-3300

sp3300.jpg

Tracks:
  • 1 The Story of Halloween Horror 14:04
    2 Sounds of Halloween (And Other Useful Effects) :24
    3 Screams :06
    4 Falling Scream :06
    5 Cackle/Witches Laughter :17
    6 Howling :18
    7 Ghost :27
    8 Groans :14
    9 Mob Scene :17
    10 Creaking Door (Opening and Closing) :11
    11 Shutters Banging :25
    12 Creaking Iron Gate :04
    13 Breaking Window :03
    14 Chains :27
    15 Bubbling :28
    16 Earthquake :44
    17 Pipe Organ :57
    18 Violin :35
    19 Church Bells :26
    20 Chimes :12
    21 Gong :10
    22 Foghorn :22
    23 Ship Creaking :23
    24 Storm at Sea :56
    25 Thunder and Lightening 1:01
    26 Rain :55
    27 Wind :48
    28 Fire :20
    29 Dripping Water :24
    30 Bats :21
    31 Cats :16
    32 Owls :15
    33 Crickets :32
    34 Baying Dogs :16
    35 Snarling Dogs :20
    36 Snake Hiss :11
    37 Panther Howl :20
    38 Lion Roar :10
    39 Monsters Breathing :23
    40 Monsters Roar :07
    41 Horse and Wagon :19
    42 Train :48
    43 Automobile :40
    44 Auto Crash :09
    45 Police Siren :25
    46 Helicopter Taking off and Landing :57
    47 Explosion :08
    48 Gunshots :11
    49 Machine Gun :33
    50 Swords Clashing :37
    51 Flying Saucer :21
    52 Giant Space Ship :20
    53 Laser Ray Gun :17
    54 Galaxy Sounds :21
    55 Space Station Computer :25
    56 Interstellar Communication :44

Capt. Bacardi

I finally found this one last year on eBay, but it was too late for the Halloween season by the time it arrived. I dutifully filed it away in my A&M section of LPs and totally forgot all about it. Maybe I'll dig it out for the weekend.

Harry

NOT quite as good as Disneyland "Chilling, Thrilling Sounds Of The Haunted House" by the way hasn't been release on CD yet. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Sounds like you could put this album in rotation w/ a lot of other "Halloween Songs", such as "Spooky", (by Classics IV, or maybe by the number of other artists who have covered it) "Haunted House", by Jumpin' Gene Simmons (whom the KISS-guy named himself after) or even "Monster Mash"...

Dave :laugh:

AM Matt said:
NOT quite as good as Disneyland "Chilling, Thrilling Sounds Of The Haunted House" by the way hasn't been release on CD yet. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Right you are Matt! That record used to scare the sh*t out of me! It said "Disney" so Mom just bought it for her 6 year old back then! "Chinese Water Torture" & "The Martian Monsters" (Where he eats your brain!) still are unfit
for children! I've had a long love affair with this record. And it's now available at iTunes if you want some Halloween fun:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/chilling-thrilling-sounds/id272258499

Do any of my fellow Michiganders here remember a company out of Mt. Clemens, Michigan - The Johnson Smith Company, they used to sell some great spooky & horror sound effects records:

http://www.heyrube.com/images/jshr.jpg

Do any of my fellow Michiganders here remember a company out of Mt. Clemens, Michigan - The Johnson Smith Company, they used to sell some great spooky & horror sound effects records:
I'm not a Michigander but I remember the Johnson Smith company well. I used to peruse their ads in comic books. I think I ordered a few novelty items from them once...pretty much a waste of allowance money, but fun!

"Chilling Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House" is a CLASSIC!!!! Takes me back to my '70's childhood, and was the perfect soundtrack to Halloween night every year.

I think I've got the A&M album somewhere, too. Forgot about that one.

We had that Disney album, too, and I remember my Mom playing a joke on one of her friends who was a big cat lover. There was a track of cats fighting or howling or something, and my Mom called her friend and we stuck that track on the turntable and "turned it up to 11," and my Mom said two cats had gotten stuck in the garage and were fighting. The lady drove over in a panic to help us. :)

I've still never played this. I guess it should be time, huh?

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom