• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_Nut

Staff member
As I plop myself down, beer in hand, awaiting the arrival of family and friends on this, our Independence Day, I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy, Safe and Healthy 4th of July!

As I told Shirley last evening, we're doing a "Southern" meal of Fried Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Rolls, Salad, Zucchini Casserole, Fried Corn and Apple Pie. Seeing as we barbequed twice this week, we decided to go "Southern" for the 4th!! We'll be watching fireworks (at the fairgrounds) later this evening. And, we couldn't have asked for better weather. :)

Happy 4th everyone!!

Jon

...enjoying an O'Doul's and kicking back, online...

A bit late, but I hope all my fellow cornerites enjoyed their Independence Day celebrations. Spent mine cooling off in the A/C and watching fireworks from my front porch-the neighbors on the lake across the street put on a better display with their fireworks than most of the local cities!!

And, as we enjoyed our celebrations, I hope we all took time to think of those serving in the military. They are paying the price demanded in order for all of us to be free. Thank you!

:usflag:
DJ

Our big fireworks fest was a literal blast....between me and 5 friends, we had a TON of good stuff. Including a couple of things which I think were borderline illegal! :cool:

But we all escaped with no injuries or problems. :D

Hope everyone had a safe and sane 4th.

No fireworks here in the Bay Area. They're illegal. We do have fireworks displays at Great America, the Fairgrounds, etc. Those are fun to visit, but I miss the good old days of front yard firework fun...safe and sane, that is!

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom